Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2023, 06:45 AM

Sultry Sunday 11th June 2023

Morning all. Very muggy here and it looks very suspectful for thunder etc. Which means windows have to be shut if it does as the rain will come in. Anyway have a good day. Hope Freya gets well soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2023, 07:04 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Similar here today brenda.
We are doing another dump run today getting rid of an old chimnea.

Thank you for Freya's get well wishes. We're hoping they had a better night last night.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2023, 10:47 AM
Good late morning both,

Warm here too and thunderstorms have been predicted.

Lynn hope they had a good night last night as well although I imagine the heat may disrupt sleeping by itself. At least you will be able to go on holiday with everyone clear.

Brenda A good storm will clear the air and those who are afflicted by hay fever should get a bit of relief.

Chris Puppy zoomies awwwww simply awwww

Sue Hope you are enjoying your visit with your sister.

Griff Do you ever hear from Moyra? and I do hope you are feeling better today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2023, 11:16 AM
Afternoon Kazz.
Hoping you are still enjoying your Birthday weekend.

Freya has now got a nasty rash behind her ears and on her tummy, Lauren already had an appointment for the Doctor tomorrow, so she will be ringing to say she is contagious bit needs her looking at to confirm whether hand, foot and mouth although it is seeming very likely.
If it's that's not much can be done to help her, I did get some calamine lotion delivered so maybe that is giving a little relief.
She went to bed late and kept waking and crying her mouth is very sore again not much you can give her except cool drinks through a straw and cold soft foods.

We have done the dump I have cleaned the new car, no valeting done when we bought it, so after the dump run I have cleaned it inside.
New fencing up to keep the puppy in while we are out the front.
Gorden's hay fever is playing up today but still nowhere as bad as other years now he takes the Polynosan.
It has turned out very warm again today.

Sue hope you had a safe journey and are having a lovely lunch with your sister. Safe journey home.
griff hope you are keeping well.
Chris how is the sunshade ?

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2023, 12:26 PM
Good afternoon all

Lovely day here with the sun shining but a nice breeze that is keeping it warm and not too hot

Unfortunately, the sun shade won't get here until sometime this week. I'm hoping early week but with my luck it will come just as the sun goes in

Lynn, do you think Freya should go to A&E to confirm the diagnosis? She is very young so it may be better to get her checked out quickly. I assume they've already done the meningitis test with the glass on the rash?

I got Ted a knotted rope to rag today and he absolutely loves it. Did I say, he has the typical terrier traits
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2023, 01:04 PM
Shame you are still waiting for the sunshade test Chris.
Not sure she needs A&E Chris, yesterday she was posing for photos then down but seems to be worse at night.
Not sure if they have done the tumbler test Chris, I am not sure if meningitis presents all over the body ? I will have a look on the NHS website for symptoms and advise them if necessary.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2023, 01:07 PM
Just had a look at symptoms for meningitis and Freya isn't presenting any of the symptoms.
They are both on the ball when it comes to her health and I feel confident if they were worried about worse than she has Lauren would have been on the phone to 111 and been to A&E already.
Thank you for the heads up though, hadn't thought of that.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2023, 01:12 PM
Yep hayfever bad Kazz. Going to watch another James Bond. Sean canary this time.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2023, 05:18 PM
Sorry to have worried you Lynn. My lad had meningitis when he was a tot and it terrified me so I'm always aware with little ones. So please she doesn't have any of the other symptoms
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2023, 05:48 PM
You didn't worry me Chris no more than I already worry.
Thank you for mentioning it so I looked the symptoms up to rule them out.

They bought her some teething rings to go in the freezer and she is finding they are soothing the ulcers.
She also ate some ice cream.

This is going to be a long haul I think..7-10 days they say on the NHS website, hopefully Lauren will get some answers when she speaks to the Dr tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >