View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 07:49 PM
A litter of 4 cocker pups were dumped at my vets not so long ago all of them with major cataract problems one of which is inoperable

The staff at the vets have shared them out and taken them home

I've had a couple of calls asking for advice on what the best things to teach them are - think it was more of a conference call really with their phone on loud speaker so all the new owners could hear
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-10-2011, 03:00 PM
The pup has been marked as reserved ...:>
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Sadly some breeders can't afford to keep on puppies they did the right thing sending her to a re homming centre they could have been really bad and abandond her or worse drown her, their are some really nasty breeders out their but I don't think sending a pup to a re homming centre with impaired sight is such a bad thing after all far worse could happen.
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
not to mention the number of cockers that wind up on re homming sites with heart murmers but even so I would rather see the pups end up in re homming centres were they could be given a second chance with a good home.

Breeders don't have to keep their pups it doesn't make them any less responsible.
I know they could of done worse, but what they did is by no means right, and I don't see could be justified, this breeding was more then likely all about the money, money couldn't be made off this pup, so they sent her somewhere else so they didn't have to pay for her.

And the second point, if pups don't get homes the breeders should keep them, passing them to rescue does make them irresponsible, its the same as responsible breeders should take back any pup they breed, if they can't they shouldn't be breeding.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4