View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bijouinnuendo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-10-2011, 12:23 PM
As far as I'm concerned you should never breed puppies unless you are fully prepared and ready to keep them if the need arises. No excuses!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Breeders don't have to keep their pups it doesn't make them any less responsible.
Even if the breeder was looking to eventually find a home for the pup, they should be looking after it in the meantime, not having a rescue look after it
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2011, 12:54 PM
OMG. Sight problems? Think I have a love at 1st sight problem. I was not expecting that when I looked on this thread. Stunnnnnnnnnnning.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 01:06 PM
If I wasnt full I would take here this could have been suki five years ago
ATD x
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 02:25 PM
TBH (I am going to be lynched) I dont think the rescue should have taken this (or any other deformed pup) Maybe if the "breeders" of these dogs had to either provide care, or put an end to the pups life, then maybe they would take more responsibility for their own actions.

Its hard enough finding homes for "normal pups/dogs" in these hard pressed times, never mind non seeing/legless etc ones
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
TBH (I am going to be lynched) I dont think the rescue should have taken this (or any other deformed pup) Maybe if the "breeders" of these dogs had to either provide care, or put an end to the pups life, then maybe they would take more responsibility for their own actions.

Its hard enough finding homes for "normal pups/dogs" in these hard pressed times, never mind non seeing/legless etc ones
Totally agree its the breeders responsibility it the rescues refused to take the pups in and the breeder had to either keep her or take her to be pts maybe next time they were ready to have a litter for money they might think twice x
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 02:34 PM

No, you won't, I agree completely. The burden of what to do with such a dog should rest on the breeder's shoulders, even if the decision is ultimately to have the animal PTS.

Pasing it off onto a rescue is a cop-out.

Can't cope with the idea of having to put a puppy down, or of dealing with complicated issues such as this. Don't breed. Simple.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Totally agree
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 04:22 PM
So sad and a gorgeous pup too......let's hope the right home is found soon.....
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 05:47 PM
As this puppy is with Many Tears, it is more than likely to be from a Puppy Farm.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >