Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
He is one cute pony Steph ! Love the pic at a distance with him tilting his head !
you can see him thinking cann't you
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 03:33 PM
wish us luck

Jimmychoo2feathers meets the trainer this evening.
We'll see what natural horsemanship can do

will let you know later
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Wishing you the very best of luck(although am sure don't need it), can't wait to hear how you get on x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Wishing you the very best of luck(although am sure don't need it), can't wait to hear how you get on x
Cheers hun, here's hoping he wants to play ball yesterday he just didn't want to know
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 09:31 PM
way to go my beautiful boy

I was so pleased this evening Vicki the horsetrainer came to access JC, she was really pleased with the work being done, so far.

He came over to her....this is a very 1st that he has approached a stranger
He has done over an hours work.....yes over an hour

Vicki just walked about and he followed then she got me to do it...she agreed that he has a real bond with me
and agrees that he has no malice at all (I trust him 100%) but she said that you can see the ''wrong'' that has been done by humans, ie his scared face and some scaring round the neck, which she feels he has had a rope round it.

She described him as a scared pony who wants so much to be loved but is scared to try and get it incase it means ''pain'' which she feels he has had alot of

She has enforced I used high treats and a click when he comes and earns it....which is what I have been doing.
She isn't coming every week as she says I have nailed his problem...emotional.... and that as I have lots of patience she will see me again in about two weeks where we will progress on....if JC wants to but she advised that we must allow JC to do it in his time...which I agree with wholeheartedly.
She also feels Reiki (sp) will benefit him, not only to help him understand the present and future...only good things will happen, but to help him put aside the past where bad things has happened. But she thought him a wonderful pony and even said, if he were a show pony Im sure he would come away with prizes, as he is so gorgeous
I just think Im the lucky one.....he's stunning

Im so proud of him he was wonderful and showed us just how far he has come, even though we have a long long journey infront of us......his small steps so far are major ones for him

Well Done Jimmychoo2feathers....Mommy's so proud of you
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Well done JC and Mum! Am so sorry that he's experienced so much pain But happy that he's with you, very much loved, and is doing so well. You've built up such a special bond already n should be proud of yourself too, bet JC is x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Well done JC and Mum! Am so sorry that he's experienced so much pain But happy that he's with you, very much loved, and is doing so well. You've built up such a special bond already n should be proud of yourself too, bet JC is x
Thank you, he and I did some work tonight and he was good, we zig-zagged across the field and he followed me, each time he allowed mew to touch him I rewarded with the 'click' and a treat, he catches on quick so he's let me touch all up the side of his head tonite
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 06:18 PM
That's so good My daughter mentioned about trying a clicker with her horse recently and am sure would interested to know more about the lady that is seeing you n JC, is all good stuff x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Lovely to hear Steph
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 08:11 PM
That's so good My daughter mentioned about trying a clicker with her horse recently and am sure would interested to know more about the lady that is seeing you n JC, is all good stuff x
I can send the details if she wants, she is a proffessional in natural horsemanship, and the clicker is working already, he is a smart lad
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Lovely to hear Steph
Im pleased as a few I contacted on the phone seemed uninterested in helping him.
Vicki writes articles in the Horse mags, and she was interested to know that a few had dismissed him before even seeing him, as she is actually writing an article about this sort of thing due to being told many times....your my last hope At least she told me ''he certainly is not the worse I have/dealing with''.....that made me alot more positive
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >