Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 07:34 PM

Dogs not liking something you're doing

and how do they tell you or do you know they're not liking it n find out why or solution? My dog does not like me being on the telephone(sometimes)? It is odd because the phone ringing, no problem, but as soon as answer n say 'hello' starts barking or grumbling. Going to bed late or vacuum cleaners, mops etc. Sorry if in wrong section.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Zeita seems to hate me singing (or at least attempting too) she comes running over and jumps on me and paws at me , it must hurt her ears
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Haha!! Melsgems I have the same problem.......sort of! I play the flute, my son plays the trombone and my daughter plays the clarinet and piano. The only door the dogs linger outside and howl at is mine!!! The kids use the dogs as an excuse not to practice as you can imagine!! I'm always singing as I do jobs around the house. My husband calls it 'granny warbling', cheeky thing!! I also wear my ipod when I'm walking around the fields. The other day I was belting out Michael Buble only to walk around the corner and come face to face with the local farmer !!!! How embarrassed was I ???!!!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Mia is v obvious when not happy with something
If you are patting her and stop she will wriggle onto her back and look like a cute fuzzy bear

If she is on a chair and you sit down a little too close she will grumble, give you a siedways look and slink of the chair and flop onto the floor with the biggest sigh (if you just ask her off the chair she will get off happily)

If - like now - I am ignorning her and being too much on the computer then she will sit infront of me, grumble, quietly yodle, snap teeth in air then do all her tricks before sloping off to crash on the floor with a sigh

If Ben barks she will try and shut his mouth by putting it in her mouth

and if you talk about her she will give you the worst look of contempt - she is such a princess

Ben on the other hand loves everything I do - he just wishes I would do it FASTER
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:47 PM
All the dogs hate my OH picking me up - Sadie will bite him - Louie will jump at him and Benjie will use his gob!

Louie doesn't like it when I shut any door on him - I can't even have an hour in the shower without claws at the door He also doesn't like when we feed the bunnies without him.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
Zeita seems to hate me singing (or at least attempting too) she comes running over and jumps on me and paws at me , it must hurt her ears
Am sure it's not that bad Maybe she's really asking you to keep singing

Originally Posted by tiggers mum View Post
Haha!! Melsgems I have the same problem.......sort of! I play the flute, my son plays the trombone and my daughter plays the clarinet and piano. The only door the dogs linger outside and howl at is mine!!! The kids use the dogs as an excuse not to practice as you can imagine!! I'm always singing as I do jobs around the house. My husband calls it 'granny warbling', cheeky thing!! I also wear my ipod when I'm walking around the fields. The other day I was belting out Michael Buble only to walk around the corner and come face to face with the local farmer !!!! How embarrassed was I ???!!!!
They're showing thier appreciation by joining in
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Mia is v obvious when not happy with something
If you are patting her and stop she will wriggle onto her back and look like a cute fuzzy bear

If she is on a chair and you sit down a little too close she will grumble, give you a siedways look and slink of the chair and flop onto the floor with the biggest sigh (if you just ask her off the chair she will get off happily)

If - like now - I am ignorning her and being too much on the computer then she will sit infront of me, grumble, quietly yodle, snap teeth in air then do all her tricks before sloping off to crash on the floor with a sigh

If Ben barks she will try and shut his mouth by putting it in her mouth

and if you talk about her she will give you the worst look of contempt - she is such a princess

Ben on the other hand loves everything I do - he just wishes I would do it FASTER
Little one here does the 'when are you coming away from that compter?' grumble too sometimes, even after a good walk or game
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
All the dogs hate my OH picking me up - Sadie will bite him - Louie will jump at him and Benjie will use his gob!

Louie doesn't like it when I shut any door on him - I can't even have an hour in the shower without claws at the door He also doesn't like when we feed the bunnies without him.
Think Louie might like hoovering up any rabbit food and doesn't want to miss out

Someone i know has a dog that's always chased the hoover, mops, sweeping brushes and just barks constantly until were put away. She put him out the room in the end until finished.
Thanks for all your replies
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Is it possible your dog doesn't like your attention being diverted from him to the phone call?

Re the hoover: Dexter is wary, he tried to play with the hoover but when the hoover didn't respond he got a bit confused and so now follows me around but won't come too close. When the hoover is switched off, he investigates it

Most of the things Dexter doesn't like/fears seem to be external things, as in outside the house, rather than things we do.

That said, he definitely does not like it if anyone in the family hugs anyone else without including him!

He'll come rushing over and then swipe us with his paw. He used to show his disapproval/desire to be included by jumping up but we've put a stop to this.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Mia is v obvious when not happy with something.

If she is on a chair and you sit down a little too close she will grumble, give you a siedways look and slink off the chair and flop onto the floor with the biggest sigh

LOL LOL - sounds just like Dexter!!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Is it possible your dog doesn't like your attention being diverted from him to the phone call?

Re the hoover: Dexter is wary, he tried to play with the hoover but when the hoover didn't respond he got a bit confused and so now follows me around but won't come too close. When the hoover is switched off, he investigates it

Most of the things Dexter doesn't like/fears seem to be external things, as in outside the house, rather than things we do.

That said, he definitely does not like it if anyone in the family hugs anyone else without including him!

He'll come rushing over and then swipe us with his paw. He used to show his disapproval/desire to be included by jumping up but we've put a stop to this.
Am not sure really, even am doing something else n the phone rings, she still does it. I don't know if when i say ''hello' she's saying 'hello where are you?' Hope Dexter's confidence grows so he can overcome fear of outside things, am sure he will