Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Am glad Dizni is walking better, she's lovely Can i ask a daft question, please?
Thanks alot - she is special..Yeah sure any time
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Thankyou, how do you tape a dogs ears up? How does the tape stick? (it's ok to laugh i don't mind)
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Thankyou, how do you tape a dogs ears up? How does the tape stick? (it's ok to laugh i don't mind)
I wont laugh, no questions silly if you dont know the answer

You tape the base of the pups ear, around with micropore tape. Once the base of the ear is standing the rest of the ear should stand freely. The tape is not to 'force' the ear up, its used to 'support' the ear - well in my book anyways. we have 'supported' a few of ours pups ears, although most have gone up freely.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I wont laugh, no questions silly if you dont know the answer

You tape the base of the pups ear, around with micropore tape. Once the base of the ear is standing the rest of the ear should stand freely. The tape is not to 'force' the ear up, its used to 'support' the ear - well in my book anyways. we have 'supported' a few of ours pups ears, although most have gone up freely.
god knows why asbos wont stand freely
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Ahh, thankyou I did wonder because when one of our dogs hurt it's paw, had to wear a sock and no matter how much tape we used it would never stick
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
god knows why asbos wont stand freely
Ours come from lines with good erect ears. The funishings can weigh the ears down, most of ours have little funishings on the ears as are not overly flashy. Lyric and Dizni have the most out of our lot, nothing like some in the ring.
Ahh, thankyou I did wonder because when one of our dogs hurt it's paw, had to wear a sock and no matter how much tape we used it would never stick
The tape isnt that sticky but has always held in place. Maybe it didnt keep the sock on because of the position of the sock? The dog walking, bending joints will possibly cause the sock to move and the tape to come unsticky.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Ours come from lines with good erect ears. The funishings can weigh the ears down, most of ours have little funishings on the ears as are not overly flashy. Lyric and Dizni have the most out of our lot, nothing like some in the ring.

The tape isnt that sticky but has always held in place. Maybe it didnt keep them sock on because of the position of the sock? The dog walking, bending joints will possibly cause the sock to move and the tape to come unsticky.
see dennis and diva have loads of furnishings... but mydus' are up so why isnt asbos?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
see dennis and diva have loads of furnishings... but mydus' are up so why isnt asbos?
Mydus doesnt have megga amounts of hair on his ears, and what he does have is ever so thin and soft. I guess like with anything some pups will have strongers ears than others. Can be a b*gger as its a fault.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Mydus doesnt have megga amounts of hair on his ears, and what he does have is ever so thin and soft. I guess like with anything some pups will have strongers ears than others. Can be a b*gger as its a fault.
i know!! wish it wasnt a fault...
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:41 PM
aw nice one Dizni! shes looking Amazing
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >