Ha Ha now i left myself wide open there! xx

Start the great living room debate
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
i tend to keep away from arguments dont do *domestics* so to speak,
oh and i like cats as well. im not a dog lover or a cat lover. im an animal lover
Yep me too
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
Yep!!
You are one of the members that will tell it how it is, give credit when due, respectfully say when something isn't right and offer advice when needed, i obv cant name my fav dogsey members but there are alot of them, there are only one or two who are very experienced but patronising and unhelpfull...these things dont help anyone IMO xx
Awwwwwwwwww you have really made my day, what a lovely lovely thing to say
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I love all animals too but dogs are my favourite. Love Spiders as well

I can't participate in heated debates as feel very uncomfortable if it starts getting personal, even if not directed to me. Can't argue - get the shakes

I like everything to be warm and fluffy which obviously it isn't but that is how I am
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Well done ladies, we're doing well so far!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I know being a forum, people will have a difference of opinion, but there are ways and means of disagreeing and sometimes things go too far on here, things get twisted and altered to fit the argument... Thats why I don't come on too much at the moment to be honest.
I am also an animal lover, especially loving my dogs, piggies and bunnies!!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Me too ~ I'm an animal lover

I've joined in with some of the debates in the past that have got heated but my New Year resolution is to try to stop getting bogged down in the threads that go round & round in circles & deteriorate into personal insult throwing. I'm doing "fairly well" so far & have read some long threads with twitching fngers ready to blast off, & even typed out some responses, but then deleted them! And I've found, if you wait a bit, someone else comes along as says more or less what I was going to say anyway

I wholeheartedly applaud rune's thread that was started to deflect the horrible things that were directed at the poor lady going through a dreadful time ~ it was the first time ever I've ever used the report button on a post ~ but even that thread went downhill quickly, with the same posters getting involved.

I will, however, do my best to point out considerately, if I think someone's doing something harmful to their pets. Not by condemning that person, but just by pointing out the consequences of their actions. And wherever possible, I'll try to give an alternative & kinder way to solve their problem ~ point them in the direction of help.

But whilst I don't always agree with everyone's opinion, I do think nearly all the regular posters have their pets best interests at heart (bar one ).
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Well done ladies, we're doing well so far!
Not sure I agree with that remark...

Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I love my guys - I joined this forum becasue I wanted to chat to people who were like minded and understood the 'obsession!'

I have made some great friends on here and learnt a lot, some good, some not so good
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Me too ~ I'm an animal lover

I've joined in with some of the debates in the past that have got heated but my New Year resolution is to try to stop getting bogged down in the threads that go round & round in circles & deteriorate into personal insult throwing. I'm doing "fairly well" so far & have read some long threads with twitching fngers ready to blast off, & even typed out some responses, but then deleted them! And I've found, if you wait a bit, someone else comes along as says more or less what I was going to say anyway

Ditto, great minds think alike
I also had this (pre) new years resolution and i have also almost slipped up but fortunately deleted what i was typing after a couple sentences

I wholeheartedly applaud rune's thread that was started to deflect the horrible things that were directed at the poor lady going through a dreadful time ~ it was the first time ever I've ever used the report button on a post ~ but even that thread went downhill quickly, with the same posters getting involved.

Abso-damn-lutely....i too pressed the report button for the very first time ever. Twas appalled.

I will, however, do my best to point out considerately, if I think someone's doing something harmful to their pets.

You have always done this Wilbar. I have alwasy cited you as one of the members whom is the best example of how to oppose stuff in an actual effective, sensible, and rational way

Not by condemning that person, but just by pointing out the consequences of their actions. And wherever possible, I'll try to give an alternative & kinder way to solve their problem ~ point them in the direction of help.
I have made this point numerous times, and i will continue to do so, but i still dont expect the usual bunch of people that think condemning the messenger is as useful as condemning the message will evolve from such behaviours any time soon.
I say this because when you point such concepts out, you are usually told you must have sympathy for the animal abuser then....etc etc....ho hum
I just put it down to the modern social ailment of everyone being angry and dogmatic and think cesera.

It does cross over into the real dog world sometimes as well...i lived in one area with an x police dog trainer dog training school. He wasnt completely yank and pull etc, he preferred choke chains and no treats, but if his members didnt use chokers and did use treats, he didnt mind. So a bit of a mixed approach.
Then we had several reward and treat based classes only.
Everyone remembered the policeman's name and what he taught them, not many people remembered the names of the other trainers or much of what went on.
The difference?
The policeman had a superb personality, very very funny and entertaining man whom made everyone laugh and feel at ease in class.
The other ladies tended to tell people off, lecture, tut, frown, huddle in the corner and point at people whom got stressed and did a lead jerk etc.

Is this the point when I'm told "well we arent interested in your justifications for lead jerking and choke chains"???
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >