Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Bit of an update

Everyone loves her. She has been playing fetch with my uncle in the garden and sleeps on my aunts bed.
Apparently she has settled in really well and acts like she has always been there
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:22 PM
she is a sweetie bet she is delighted to be out of rescue and into loving home xx
well done grandad xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:51 PM
She is gorgeous, I hope both Millie and your grandad will be very happy together
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Another update

Millie has been home for a week now and we went to visit today.
She was very cowed when we went into the house and my granddad told me my uncle wasn't taking her for a walk because of the weather so I took her out

We had a lovely walk, she was very up for it, chased a squirrel and I almost ended up on my bum, met some ducks, some people on a sled and another dog, which she ignored and then she found a huge stick, smacked me up the back of the knees with it and took it home with her tail wagging like mad. She then refused to come in without the stick so I snapped a bit o and she happily brought it in the house.
She is a lovely girl
I took some pics and will upload them when I can get them off my phone.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Millie looks lovely and sounds like she is settling in really well.
Looking forward to more pics!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 09:14 PM
aw, she is lovely and such a lucky girl! and thats great of your grandad to take on a rescue, especially an older one!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I took Millie for another walk yesterday, when I first got there I was greeted by a cowering dog and a growl I think she is a little worried she might be taken back to the kennels, as the last people who rehomed her form the kennels took her back after a week or so

I took my lunge rein to give her more freedom and to check her recall and we were out for about an hour exploring.
She is a lovely girl, comes to a whistle and sometimes to her name (I think she is getting used to it) she waits for you to catch up and always stays close, I think she is going to be great off the lead, but we need to make sure her recall is 100% as she loves to chase cats and squirrels!
We had a slight altercation with another dog who was aggressive on the lead (she retaliated but didn't start it) but it was only some grumbling, she has been fine with every other dog we have met.

She really has changed my mind about Labs, I always thought I wouldn't own one but now I am starting to change my mind!
We had a game of fetch with a stick when out walking, and a lovely game of fetch with a tennis ball in the garden when we got home, until I got bored, she is quite happy to constantly bring it back to you.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2