View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Best look at getting a van and then have it sign written on the side. Not only then for transportation but advertising for free as well. A friend of mine has built in cages. His van has side opening doors for obvious reasons.
Cost of van tax deductable as it is capital expenditure as would be insurance and fuel. If you took this route you would have to keep a log book about miles per day- fuel cost -running cost -service costs to present to inland revenue if asked for. something like one of these I suspect would suit

link

http://www.anchorvans.co.uk/vans/sma...wo-side-doors/
Dog Ears
New Member!
Male 

07-02-2015, 11:44 AM
^ Thank you mjfromga.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
DOG WALKING SURVEY2

Thank you for taking part in my survey!

I am currently in the process of setting up a dog walking service in the Southampton/ New Forest area of Hampshire and want to provide the best possible service. Therefore, I would really appreciate your help with some basic market research. There are only 10 questions!

Q1. How many dogs do you own?

Q2. Do you currently use a dog walking service?
Yes, regularly

Q3. What are your reasons for using or considering a dog walking service? If you are not currently interested, what could be the reasons at a later date?

Due to medical reasons, I am physically incapable of walking the dog(s) myself

Q4. How much do you currently pay for a professional dog walker to walk your dog (per dog per hour)? If not applicable please go directly to Q.5.

I pay £30 for my two dogs to have 3 half hour walks a week together.

Q5. What do you think is a reasonable price for a professional dog walker to walk your dog (per dog per hour)?
)
£10 - £19 (US $15-$29)

Q6. How did you/will you go about finding a dog walking service? If you are not currently interested, how might you find services at a later date?
Recommendation
Flyer or leaflet

Q7. How important are the following factors in a dog walking service? (Whether you use one or not)

Very Important Important Neither Important or Unimportant Of Little Importance Unimportant Don't Know

Previous dog walking experience Very important
Cost of Service important
Professional qualifications Of Little Importance
Previous client testimonials Very important
Flexible booking/short notice important
Friendly and caring walker Very important
A strenuous walk not required
Other services, such as pet sitting important

Q8. In your opinion, what is the ideal duration for a dog walk (by a professional dog walking service)?
Less than 30 minutes
30 minutes – 1 hour
1 hour or more
Depends on dog as mine are elderly I require a walker who takes the dog & their situation into account

Q9. Which of the following dog walking services, if offered, would appeal to you? If you are not currently interested in a service, which might appeal at a later date?

Please tick all that apply

Discount for dog(s) walked in a group (of no more than four)*
One-to-one dog walking service*
Weekend service available
Emergency booking available
Dog walking service in a variety of locations
Dog transportation service to and from walks
Online booking service
Dog walked by the same person *
Pet-to-vet taxi
Pet sitting
Home care (visiting pet in owner’s home) *

10. What pattern of walks would you require for your dog? If you are not currently interested in a service, what is your pattern of walking?

Once a day, less than five days a week

I should add having read through all your answers my dogs are walked from my house road & park, or road only depending on the weather She leaves her car here while she walks them. In really wet weather the service includes a quick towel dry on their return
Dog Ears
New Member!
Male 

07-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Thank you GSD-Sue. It's interesting that the walker parks at your house. I hadn't thought of this at all. Others have said their dog is dried, if wet, which seems essential to me. Some have also said that their dog is given a drink of water too.
Dog Ears
New Member!
Male 

07-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Best look at getting a van and then have it sign written on the side. Not only then for transportation but advertising for free as well. A friend of mine has built in cages. His van has side opening doors for obvious reasons.
Cost of van tax deductable as it is capital expenditure as would be insurance and fuel. If you took this route you would have to keep a log book about miles per day- fuel cost -running cost -service costs to present to inland revenue if asked for. something like one of these I suspect would suit

link

http://www.anchorvans.co.uk/vans/sma...wo-side-doors/

Thank you for this tumbleweed. You are absolutely right about the labelled van, as I am aware of some local services purely by seeing their vans parked outside customers' houses. Your vans link looks really good. I have noticed some interesting vehicles, but their mileages are very high. Yours seem much more realistic.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2015, 08:13 PM
By the way, I have a vicious dog that I'd never let anybody walk unless they were professionals and I could trust that they'd never, ever

1. Let her go
2. Engage other dogs or people
3. Remove her muzzle for any reason
4. Be mean to her such as hit or kick
5. Use anything other than her harness to walk her
6. Snatch her

She's 11 and needs only short walks, but she can be a vicious puller when she wants to be. I'd need a calm and confident walker, nobody will walk a reactive or aggressive dog, though.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Dog Ears View Post
Thank you GSD-Sue. It's interesting that the walker parks at your house. I hadn't thought of this at all. Others have said their dog is dried, if wet, which seems essential to me. Some have also said that their dog is given a drink of water too.
Water is always available for my dogs. She does check the bowl to ensure there is enough.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2