Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 05:49 PM

what do you eat each day

Hi all,

just wondered if anyone would like to add to this thread,
giving a list of there daily food intake,
the reason I ask is, IM really overweight at the moment, due to my pelvis, hips and so on, its hard to do much when your kinda buckled and bent, with some luck things will improve after a few months of pysio,,,lol,

I eat very little each day, poss a bananna in the morning, {so I can take medication} one at lunch time, then a small evening meal,, {some nights it can be 9.00pm before I eat }

someone said,,,It could be because im not eating enough im finding the weight more problematic,,{ } I have my doubts,,though, lol
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Breakfast
A cup of tea or coffee

Lunch
A sandwhich or a fruit bowl and a cuppa
Or juice .

Dinner
Either chips and something
A salad and fish
Or a dinner potatoes meat etc
Or Pasta bolonese

Snacks
Crisps ,chocolate, juice , fruit

I Rarely eat anything after 8 oclock

xxdk
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi Shona

It could be right...as I think if you don't eat enough your body thinks its in a famine and so it stores everything to help you survive for the longest possible time so it starts to store it as fat so that it can allow your muscles to feed off the fat and so give you the best chance of survival.

I know when I went through a period of being determined to lose weight (that lasted like...hmm 24 hours!!! lol) I was told apart from at night you should never go for more than 4 hours without eating, but I like you would eat my tea at 9 sometimes 10 at night.

DK is right in an ideal world nothing at all after 8pm

But as for what do I eat

Cr*p ALL day!!! Think if you do want to improve eating you have to eat little and often to speed up metabolism and retrain your body that it WILL get food tomorrow so it really doesnt need to store every calorie you feed it today

Good luck hun - I just havnt got the willpower nor inclination to eat healthy!!! lol

x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I guess, due to the hours I have worked over the years, where my working day often started at 9.00pm untill 4.00am then the 8.00pm rule kinda doesnt work for me, I only do those hours at weekends now,,,and often I get away light cos dougie does my pickups and so on,,,, lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
dougies sister is the DN, she thinks I need to up my food intake,,,Im kinda wary though,, I have never been this size in my life,,,what if it goes the other way and I put it on,,, I have normaly been a size 8 to 10 over the years but in the last 3ish years as my legs and stuff got worse the weight went on,
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 06:21 PM
If you speak to your gp , Shona he can put you in touch with a dietician , That way you will know which foods are good for you and your motabalism , You can also get a food tolerance test done which can tell which food affects your motobolic rate , There is certain foods that can make your pains worse , MY oh had a food tolerence test done a while ago and he has very bad back problems there was certain foods that was conflicting with his medication which caused his pain relief to decrease in strength and he found a lot of foods he was alergic too that also affected his metabalism , weight etc xxdk
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I really shouldnt eat pasta and stuff, I should have a more meat based diet,,,the problem is I dont really like meat that much,, I prefer pasta and veg,, Once I get used to eating more meat Its ok but it takes a bit of getting used to, I guess when I was lighter I did kinda stick more to the foods that I should, aint if funny how when you get {sore/imobile} you slowly slip into eating the stuff that you enjoy,,comfort food to me is a bowl of pasta,
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I would say you're eating way too little. Your body isn't getting enough calories - even for someone who's not doing much moving about. So it goes into famine mode where it will hold onto all it's fat reserves. Clever eh?

Here's what I've had today to eat:

Actimel (vanilla flavour) organic apple, 2 croissants, coffee (black, no sugar)

Bacon (grilled) in a sandwich of wholemeal bread, with mayo
Organic pair tea (black no sugar)

Double Decker (oops!)

Homemade chicken do piaza with cardamon pilau rice, Strawberries and vanilla ice cream

Actually I've not eaten that last bit as I'm in the middle of cooking it
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Mee shona I eat a bannana for breakfast, and toast, then for lunch nowt.
Then for tea il make a dinner spud's and some thing as the kid's don't think there fed unless I do spud's, but im not a big spud eater but will have on boiled then mash the rest for kids then biccy and cup of tea or coffee decaff of course, but still i carry to much wieght despite looking and walking the dog's, its all about being happy in your skin.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Im defo not happy in my skin at the moment, its a knock on thing, the heavyer I am the more pressure on my pelvis and hips so its spirals downwards, I walk the dogs daily so do a bit, But im not as active as I would be if the hips and stuff are good,,,
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >