View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 02:24 PM
just say you have thought it through and would like to take things slower...possibly say you will wear the ring on your other hand for now and when the time is right you will put it on the proper finger....
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
just say you have thought it through and would like to take things slower...possibly say you will wear the ring on your other hand for now and when the time is right you will put it on the proper finger....
thanks for that.!

great idea,,

Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Congratulations!
But in all seriousness, please do take things slowly.

I met the man I married when we were in our early teens. We lost touch for a bit and were re-introduced when we were seventeen. We had a mad whirlwind romance, moved in together and he proposed. It was exciting and romantic and I was in love with him and so caught up in the moment, so I said yes. We got married six months later.
We had four reasonably happy years of marriage. We had the occasional argument (who doesn't?) but we loved each other, and I was convinced he would never ever hurt me. We were meant to be together. When we were twenty, we bought a house together. We had our problems, but in general, we were happy.

Two years later, he just announced in the middle of the day that he was leaving me. He said at first that there wasn't anyone else, but it turned out that he was not only seeing another woman, he was sleeping with her as well. We've been separated for more than a year now, but the divorce has still not gone through and it's been an absolute nightmare trying to sort everything else. We've both said awful things to each other and he has been the cause of the greatest unhappiness in my life. I'm with someone else now, but we have taken things slowly, and even now I'm not sure I would say "yes" if he asked me to marry him. Now that I've been through the end of a marriage, I keep wondering whether I would want to put myself through it again should the worst happen.

I like Alex's idea - sort of a "promise ring" that you promise to marry him in the future should the relationship work out. Good luck, hon, and I wish you so much happiness
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Delighted to hear you love this guy, Suze, but as others have said, take it nice and steady

x0x
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
Congratulations!
But in all seriousness, please do take things slowly.

I met the man I married when we were in our early teens. We lost touch for a bit and were re-introduced when we were seventeen. We had a mad whirlwind romance, moved in together and he proposed. It was exciting and romantic and I was in love with him and so caught up in the moment, so I said yes. We got married six months later.
We had four reasonably happy years of marriage. We had the occasional argument (who doesn't?) but we loved each other, and I was convinced he would never ever hurt me. We were meant to be together. When we were twenty, we bought a house together. We had our problems, but in general, we were happy.

Two years later, he just announced in the middle of the day that he was leaving me. He said at first that there wasn't anyone else, but it turned out that he was not only seeing another woman, he was sleeping with her as well. We've been separated for more than a year now, but the divorce has still not gone through and it's been an absolute nightmare trying to sort everything else. We've both said awful things to each other and he has been the cause of the greatest unhappiness in my life. I'm with someone else now, but we have taken things slowly, and even now I'm not sure I would say "yes" if he asked me to marry him. Now that I've been through the end of a marriage, I keep wondering whether I would want to put myself through it again should the worst happen.

I like Alex's idea - sort of a "promise ring" that you promise to marry him in the future should the relationship work out. Good luck, hon, and I wish you so much happiness

thanks for that sez

x

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Delighted to hear you love this guy, Suze, but as others have said, take it nice and steady

x0x

yep i will do
thanks x
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
seriously suze...

its not something to be done on a whim...

when you kiss him do you feel as though you two are the only ones in the world?

when you cry do his arms around you make you feel safe?

can you see yourself helping to dress him when he is 80?

when everything has gone Ti*s up will he be by your sided no matter what happens?

when its lashing down outside, and there is nothing to do and you are both sooo bored, can you still make each other laugh?

do you ever want to raise your children with this man?

if yes, then go for it....

if you hesitate then dont do it...dont settle for second best...

I don't think I could answer yes to all of them and I have been married for 12 years with 2 kids
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I don't think I could answer yes to all of them and I have been married for 12 years with 2 kids

lmao!!!

no hope for me then!!!!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
No advice from this quarter Hun. I'm married for the second time, am with the right man................but spent 21 yrs with a wrong un.
Ever been to Hell for a visit
you got some great one liners
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I was with my OH for nearly 10 years before we got married. We met at 18 at UNi and have been togtether ever since. We have been married 15 years now....blimey that makes me feel old. I think what I am trying to say is that marriage does not have to happen in a certain time frame. We were perfectly happy livivng together. We decided to get married when we felt we were ready to begin a family.Just because you are together does not mean it means a wedding round the corner. A relationship is like a journey that you make together. There will be times you want to go in different directions to each other. The skill is negotiating those times and moving forwards together. When you reach the time that marriage is right you will know.

I wish you all the best in your journey together.Just remember that it is just as much fun travelling as it is arriving at your destination.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post

I wish you all the best in your journey together.Just remember that it is just as much fun travelling as it is arriving at your destination.
Brilliant description!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >