Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 09:40 AM

I'm so fed up!

I've had superficial phylebitis for 3 1/2 months now.
On and off its got better then worse again.

It came back really bad on Sunday. I've had so many NAID's its bought my stomach ulcer back so i'm back on tablets for that
The only doctor who's made any sense is the out of hours Dr at the out patients at Warwick hospital. She was really thorough and said i should be getting the full tests to see why it won't go away. I was in so much pain especially in my groin i had to have another D-dimer test which tests for DVT.
So because it was to late for the hospital to do it, i had to go to my GP on Thursday morning. They took a few samples because the GP needed to know whether i should see a venous consultant or a soft tissue consultant.
Anyway the Dr said if i don't hear from her up to 6pm take it my test were ok. So the day went on and i didn't hear anything so assumed all was ok.
I was prescribed some antibiotics the previous day because i've got an infection in my leg, which i had a bit of a nasty reaction to. So i called the Dr's to explain and they prescribed some others. This was at lunch time.
So the afternoon came and at 4.15pm i had a call from the nurse at the surgery saying there was some notes on my file from the hospital saying there was insufficient blood to do the D-dimer and that i had to have it done again
So the hospital had failed to tell my GP the previous evening but when they did the GP failed to tell me. Even the nurse said they should of told me when they spoke to me that day.
Work didn't say off you go to A&E and have it done, so i had to wait 1 1/2hrs until i had finished work to go and get it checked.
I finally go to A&E and had the test done. I've had a lot of blood tests lately, especially in my right arm but they couldn't get a vein. I wouldn't let them take it from my left arm because i still had a hole in it from the last one and very bruised. So they took it from the back of my hand.
Luckily it came back clear.

I just feel so fed up with it all and desperate to get back to a normal life....... what ever that it
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Awwwwww hun,huge,massive ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))from me.It must have been awful for you and no wonder your sooooo p1ssed off.At least it came back clear though but to be messed about like that is terrible,hope you get sorted out and sooner rather than later,xxxxxxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh Jules, I'm not suprised you are so fed up, this really has been going on so long.
I hope they all get their act together pretty soon and that you start to feel better real quick.
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm sending huge (((hugs))) to you. I hate needles so I can imagine how you feel. I so hope you get better soon. I'll be thinking of you and sending healing vibes.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Thank all. I'm feeling rather zonked out today and can't stop sleeping. I suppose thats the effects of the tablet.
When i do stand up i just want to apparently thats the Tramadol
It will get sorted eventually!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Julie, sorry your still going through all this and that you feel so shattered all the time - I really do sympathise ( been there unfortuantely )

Sending hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Sounds really miserable, how horrible for you, made worse by lack of good service and manners. Hope things improve for you very soon!