Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 01:44 PM

dentist - hate them

today i achieved the ultimate - i have managed to get kicked off the dentists list as i swore at the receptionist. i did it cos

a) dopped up on medication to go and have dental work

b) cos they cancelled my appt when i got there

c) 4th or 5th time they have cancelled and at least 3 of those have been on the day.

so now i sit here after spending most of the day in tears with my dental work half done and cant find an nhs dentist.

i know that some would say that it is my fault but when i swore i was being shouted at by the practice manager because i was angry about my appt. things like this dont help people that are already dental phobic to cope with going to the dentist.

sue
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Oh sweethear I really feel for you, I am dental phobic as well so know exactly how you feel. I still haven't built up the courage to find a dentist and make an appointment. I don't think they realize the stress it causes just to be in the waiting room let alone have that appointment cancelled. I would probably have felt like hitting them, and that is really not me, but how It would affect me. Chin up I hope you find a dentist soon.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Oh sweethear I really feel for you, I am dental phobic as well so know exactly how you feel. I still haven't built up the courage to find a dentist and make an appointment. I don't think they realize the stress it causes just to be in the waiting room let alone have that appointment cancelled. I would probably have felt like hitting them, and that is really not me, but how It would affect me. Chin up I hope you find a dentist soon.
have found one but cant see me till june
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I know how you feel I am dental phobic too and had to wait 1 1/2 hr when I got to the dentist to have a filling and I new I would need an injection I nearly walked out as I was in such a state. I nearly shouted at them but just managed to bite my tongue.

Hope that you can find somewhere else who can see you sooner.

Take care
Ndidi
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Oh Sue,
Big Hugs xx

I know what it's like,perhaps these are just not the right dentist's for you.June isn't that far away,hope you can sort something....