Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Going to see Oh mum tonight

My oh mum had a stroke when I was in hospital , So im going tonight to see her for the first time since it happened , His sister has part warned me what to expect , She is parralisyed down her right side ,
Im not really sure how I will react , But I will have to put a very brave face on so as not to upset her as she is an extremley proud woman , Its going to be quite a shock for me she is 79 yrs old but as fit as a fiddle and very independant , Even when my oh father passed away in August she fought back her grief so as people would not see her upset due to pride and tried to keep herself together for the sake of the children and grandchildren ,
They have been doing physio with her and my oh says she has improved a great deal , But I know Im going to find it very upsetting to see her , But I feel awful that I have not been able to visit her until now
xxdk
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 06:09 PM
oh hun, i'm sorry to hear this - hugs. xx

I'm sure you'll be ok babe, its not easy to see people in that way, i see several people at work who have had strokes etc and have lost mobility.

I'm hear for you babe. x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh dk I will be thinking of you, I remember you were upset you couldn't visit the other week.
I hope things will not be too much of a shock for you. Let us know how you get on.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I am sure you will be fine, was it a bad one? Have they said when she maybe allowed out. It may upset you more not feeling 100% yourself
It's always a shock when you see them first, When My nan had hers I just sat there and cried.
One of my friends Mum and mother in law had a stroke with in aweek of each other over easter, very upsetting for her but her mum is now at her daughters for a while and mother in law in our village hospital.

Thinking of you all
xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Hope it goes ok honey xxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Just got back from the ozzy , I was suprised to see hpw well my oh mum has come on with her treatment, In two weeks she has manged to gain some power and movement in her arm and her leg ,She can walk though aided by the nurses , And can sit up in the chair , Her speech has improved greatly all in all they are extremley pleased with her rapid progress, She has lost a lot of weight and her voice sounds very husky , But you know she is on the mend when she had the hospital hairdresser doing her hair today so she looked nice for her visitors ,
So i was not as upset as I had first thoght, I just chatted away as normal , And she cant wait to get home to her own bed as the hospital bed is hurting her bum ,But she was in great spirit ,And cant wait for a gentle cuddle with her girl lady ,xxxdk
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 09:08 PM
oh bless her!!

Well done you for going to visit.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Thats great news hun,bet your glad you went now and she'd be pleased to see you too.Hope she goes from strength to strength hun, she sounds a fighter,xxxxxxxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone , I was so pleased to se how well she was responding to treatment , She had been a little down as there was another Lady there who she had made friends with the poor woman had been there for 3 months before she was finally well enough to go home ,And Kathlene had been missing there we chats , But her daughter had promised once she was well enough she would bring her mum up to visit her either on the ward or at home , So I think it has spured her on a bit to get better ,She is a very positive person usually so it seems she has got her fighteing spirit back , and is determined to get hoem to her own home and bed asap , If only to stop her bum from hurting as she says the ozzy bed is not as comfortable as her own bed lol xxdk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Glad to hear she is doing well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >