Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Mother in Law - not good news

My MIL is still in hospital. 2 weeks now and no improvement. I went into town this morning and was going to the hospital after on my way home. Just as I got to the hospital OH called to say a nurse had called and the doctor wanted to see us. OH was working but said I should be there any minute.
Anyway the on call doctor told me she has septicemia, her heart has had it, kidneys aren't functioning, not a lot of circulation in her legs, her blood results are terrible and to top it all off, she's been taking her own pain killers in the hospital on top of what they're giving her and took too many...very nearly a tragic result.
The doctor said the next 48 hours are crucial and even if she does pull through with all the above problems, she won't be going back to her flat. TBH I think the doctor was preparing us for the worst as she asked if we wanted her resuscitated if her heart stopped. The answer to that was no. She would have zero quality of life if that happens so is now a DNR for the hospital.
I called OH who cancelled his lessons and came to the hospital so I was there til mid afternoon and he's on his way home now.
Wouldn't care, she doesn't look any different than she has for the last 2 weeks. Just didn't realise how many complications there were til today.
Not a good time for us at the moment. I'd ask for healing thoughts from you all but think I'd rather ask for you all to wish her at peace and pain free
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Thinking of you all at this time, sending peace and serenity to MIL and some massive hugs to you and yours.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Thinking of you all at this time, sending peace and serenity to MIL and some massive hugs to you and yours.
Thank you, it's appreciated. xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Im so sorry to hear this Wuffle , Sending Healing vibes to your Mother in law , And Im
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Im so sorry to hear this Wuffle , Sending Healing vibes to your Mother in law , And Im
Thanks DK. Hope you're feeling better too xx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I have to say, like you, I don't think it sounds good.
Wishing you all peace, whatever happens, I'll be thinking of you all xxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I am sorry to read this. Will keep you in my thoughts and hope your MIL is not in too much pain.

Sue
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Hope they get the pain under control hun and she can feel some contentment

thinking of you

H xx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:42 PM
So sorry to hear this. I hope she is pain free and peaceful, you are all in our thought.
xxx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Jackie,

So very sorry to hear about your Mother in law. I wish her all the best and hope she is comfortable. All the best to you and your OH, too. Take care.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »