Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Good afternoon everyone.

Thanks Moyra, my husband diabetes has been so out of control over the past few years albeit with so much nagging and reminding from me, he has never taken it seriously. That is until he got a stark warning from his Doctor. His HbA1C levels were reading 80/90! Anyway these past few months I think he has come to his senses and we have really worked hard, diet and exercise etc and when we went to the Doctor on Thursday his HcA1C was 47. She was delighted, more astounded too I think!

Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Lol..I snuck in nippy, fancy having a crack at my garden??
Lynn, I always think of the dogs with cars....my dad doesn't though!
Sue, I used to love toad in the hole......fabulous, the name always made me smile
Tumbleweed there was a chap who lived near my nan who used to shape his hedge into a dragon...it was awesome
Poster, sometimes people need to have a bloody good shock to wake them up...hopefully he will stick to things
Steve is lovely and I do think he may be a good guy but because of my past I am always looking for wrong things..... I obviously don't want to get hurt but I don't want to mess things up by being paranoid. It is funny as my aunty said he is the bloke version of me....poor fella
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 11:42 AM
One day I will have a convertible but will probably be too old to drive it.
I can always borrow Gorden's I suppose.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Lol.....my dad is 61 and drives a 3.0 Z4 roadster....he is a proper little speed freak though lol I keep saying why do you need a 3.0 car...we have 2 3.0's and a 3.6..now he is going for a 4.6, I keep saying go for a 2.0l but he won't
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Keeps raining, sun comes out, then it rains again. Getting fed up of all this now and want it to be dry and sunny preferably, or at least dry
Managed to get girls out for a short walk, as it kept raining wasn't able to get Mabs and Kesh out on the country park as I'd planned. Of course, the minute I got back with them, tidied up and handed out bones (raw carrot for Zen) then the rain stopped and its been sunny ever since
One of my friends has recommended that Golden Paste you use Lynn, for Zen. Never thought of it at all, but worth a go isn't it. Have been looking at various protein contents on what I'm feeding and discovered that sardines are only 17%, far lower than tuna, or white fish. So I think that would mean I can give her sardines, need some words of wisdom on this, if anyone has any of course.
Not much happening here at all, boring day really. I have loads of cleaning needs doing, girls are all done, but sat here thinking about the house and where to start, then I put it off Need to make a move I think
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Sick to death of running in and out for the washing so it is in the tumble drier now Not a good idea as we had a "smart meter" fitted yesterday. Frightened the life out of me when I saw the dial whizz around to orange as soon as I switched it on. I'm afraid I wont be able to do your garden now either griff, far too wet
Popster I hope your hubby has received a wake up call and will be sensible with his diabetes.
I'm bored now too TW. Too wet to go out and too lazy to do anything indoors
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Have you got a spare bedroom that you can hang the washing in, Nippy Thats what I have to do anyway as I'm sure the girls would love to pull it off the line. Hang my sheets and bath sheets from top bannister on the upstairs landing
I'm fed up as well, loads I could be doing, playing a computer game instead
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Hahaha me too!
Yes the washing is now on the airer in the spare bedroom.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 02:35 PM
As for the Smart Meter, it is using exactly what you were using before, but there are pretty - or not so pretty -colours now. You don't have to have one if you don't want, so I won't be having one
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Popped out to get some sand and then a coffee went to Welney in the end the wetlands centre. Took some pictures of mum duck and babies and the swan but they might of been to far away to get a good picture will post in a bit.
They also had a beautiful Beswick Kingfisher couldn't resist him so we bought it and it was the last one also some nice espresso cups half price Michael and Maca drink espresso when they visit no one else but they are so nice a robin an owl a long tailed tit and a blackbird sort of abstract and saucers to match so an expensive coffee but so worth it.

June what about sardines maybe twice a week if your worried and maybe a bone once a week. I have to make some more golden paste up June I take it as well when I have it in the fridge.

Very sad news about Caroline Aherne.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >