Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 07:32 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, Jan 9

Good morning everyone, 9th Jan already the month is literally speeding by soon will be spring.

Mandy have a good holiday!

LG, glad to hear you still do your ditching, not an easy job but it does pay. Think all these gentlemen farmers who take their cut from the EU budget should employ men to ditch their farms it would certainly make a difference to the flooding problem. Must be hard work too replacing the coping stones etc on your walls. Not an easy life by any means if you do the job properly is it LG?

Nippy Jen, hope you and Brian are keeping ok as we do not see much of you these days. Hope the weather has not been too unkind to you down there.

June, hope things are better there for you and the girls too and you can now stop worrying about being flooded out.

Griff, there are good vampires and there are bad ones and when you get a bad one don't you know it? Hope you are ok today.

Worried about Norma and if she is coping as things have been bad up there.

Harvey, hope all is well with you and your two four legged friends.

Lynn, hope you get your telly sorted this weekend and have a great time with the boys.

Have a good day all, take care stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Just a quickie off in a few minutes to Essex to pick them up gorden is staying here and walking Dillon and sorting some wiring.
Tele not fixed he did some different things and it looks like it might be the internal aerial he has to play around to maybe sort that.

LG hope the newly erected stone walls stay put this time some people have no respect.
Mandy have a great holiday and happy belated birthday to Lauryn.
Hope everyone else is well and doglets too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Good morning Moyra and Lynn.
Us is fine down yer Moyra, don't worry! Just now and again events over take me and I need to collect my thoughts!!
Lynn I hope you have a safe journey and a good weekend.

The weather promises to be fine for us .... I shall probably regret saying that in a moment
Tomorrow we are having a second Christmas Everyone can come tomorrow, even Elisha partner so there will be 10 of us here! We found a half price turkey in Sainsburys, so that sorted that out
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Hope you have a lovely lunch then tomorrow Jenny, sounds lovely. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Morning all,
Moyra, thank you...my arm isn't too bad...no massive lump like when i went to a&e..i described the girl and my mum had had her, she had to go and fetch someone else to draw her blood so i guess at least she found my vein
Nippy, enjoy christmas part 2 Lol...do you get more christmas pressies now?
Lynn, safe trip to essex and back
I was thinking about Norma the other day, she sent me a nice book on staffies, i have enjoyed looking at how they have changed
My morning has been spent putting my cctv onto a disk ready for the dog warden..i am dead proud of myself, i have managed to get it off the cctv recorder, onto my external hard disk, onto my laptop and now burnt to a disk..very pleased with myself
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Have had to clear out one and a half bin liners of sopping shavings, it was only all done yesterday, very heavy rain, has stopped now. Took me ages to get it all done and cleaned up, then the hoover has decided it has blocked itself up somewhere, think its the hose, have used my good old stand by the straightened wire coat hanger but its on the bend of the hose where it joins onto the tools, so my next try is flushing it through with a hosepipe.
Have decided to sit down and have brekkie as I need it
Have a lovely Christmas2 Nippy, could do with some of the turkey for a butty if you have any over.
Griff, you are my hero, don't understand half of what you did, it sounds very techy and way over my head. Will the dog warden do something though, never had any success with reporting stuff, they were never off my doorstep though when that horrid old man kept reporting me for having dangerously out of control dogs, nothing to do with the fact he brought his gobby GSD to wherever I was and let it stand and bark at us, strange that my girls retaliated, I mean they should have acted like stuffed toys maybe. Of course he told the dog warden he was taking his dog a walk at the time. He used to be out of that house like a cuckoo out of a clock the minute he saw me Not much faith in dog wardens really as you can tell!!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend Lynn, and lets keep our fingers crossed that Gorden gets the telly working!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Hope you hoover decides to co-operate again TW
Our DW's are quite nice, were lovely when i went to fetch deags and to be honest, all they have to do is write the fine letter to her and if she doesn't pay.... court. However, i have just spent all that time doing that and what does my dad say "is it worth bothering??" she will scratch my car!! i am feckin sick of that man
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Afternoon peeps. Second Christmas sounds great to me. Turkey yum. I am back unscathed from our new course that started today. Lovely puppies and lovely returnees. 8 new pups and 7 returnees. And yep it was obvious that some had forgotten some basics but after the hour they had all remembered and the retrieve was great and the instant down, well, amazing. So onwards and upwards as they say. Master class of heelwork for the pups next week, so watch this space as they say. Have a good rest of the afternoon and hope it is dry where you are. Chilly but dry here.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Good afternoon

Hi Nippy glad you are all ok down in your neck of the woods. Have a lovely second Christmas tomorrow.

If you read this Mandy have a good holiday.

Hope you have the hoover unblocked now and it stays dry for you.

Pleased the puppies were good Brenda and the returnees mangaged to remember what they should be doing

Good afternoon Griff and Moyra.

Dry but overcast. Did try to rain a while ago so nipped her ladyship out early for her second walk. Went to tip this morning and got rid of a load of boxes and then onto garden centre. Didn't get what I wanted but Barry got a waterproof jacket which he desperately needs so a good trip out. Also bought a new tv for the kitchen and we can now see the picture

Have a good day and stay safe and dry.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Aw all those puppy cuddles, and also great that people actually came back to progress their knowledge and their skills, Brenda
Been clear and dry this afternoon, even had a bit of sun, going dark quite quickly now though.
Hoover tube definitely got a blockage, friend been here this afternoon and tried the unravelled coathanger and she said she thinks its that, so will get the hose on it tomorrow, as she's only just gone and we'll be plunged into night pretty soon I expect. Had a nice afternoon and a gossip with tea and biccies
Griff, as you've got CCTV you'll be able to get her if she does scratch your dad's car. You are lucky with the dog warden then.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >