View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Meds will sort it, J. Just like they did for Mishu (my epi shiba) and as they do for the Dogsey dogs. It's a bit of trial and error getting the dosage right at the start, but once that's sorted it pretty much solves the problem. It's no cure, but can make a dog's life pretty much normal again. As I said before, Mishu was on PB and I only ever saw one fit....... Hope it's the same for you, hon, and maintenance meds are the answer.

Huge hugs from the gingers and Roxy to the darling Cassie

x0x0x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope the meds help and you have a peaceful night tonight with Cassie.
Thanks Lynnxx

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Jackie, so sorry I missed all this yesterday evening and today (Have not been able to log on much recently) but I'm so pleased to see that the vet has a pretty good take on the condition and let us hope the PB does the trick (and if it does take time to reach full effectivenes and I, of course, do hope that there's no repitition of the attacks)

You must be frazzled - the mental strain is huge - with our beloved dogs there is often so little we can do in such situations but I must say that was a reassuring photo you posted and like others I also am a firm believer that the 'upside down' sleeping is a sure sign the dog is happy, feeling safe, and not in any pain, so I'm really looking forward to see you post that asap.

And wish you all well (you, John, and Cassie)
Thanks Harvey, appreciate it. We've just been for a long walk to the bridleway and beach and she was her normal happy waggy self and is now laid on the cool kitchen floor. Hope I can post the upside down sleeping pic very soon.
xx

Originally Posted by AussieGeek View Post
O My just catching this. Im glad she is ok and that you have a diagnosis. Fingers crossed things get better from here.
Thanks, we hope soxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Meds will sort it, J. Just like they did for Mishu (my epi shiba) and as they do for the Dogsey dogs. It's a bit of trial and error getting the dosage right at the start, but once that's sorted it pretty much solves the problem. It's no cure, but can make a dog's life pretty much normal again. As I said before, Mishu was on PB and I only ever saw one fit....... Hope it's the same for you, hon, and maintenance meds are the answer.

Huge hugs from the gingers and Roxy to the darling Cassie

x0x0x
Thanks hun. I hope we never have to see another one either and thank you for the ginger and Roxy hugs. I now have rescue remedy and vanilla haagen daaz in so am well prepared. I'm hoping the fact they're here means we never need them. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Awww, just checking in, glad to hear she enjoyed her little walk and her Haagan Daaz, and I too will be looking forward to seeing her in her usual pose, legs in the air, bless her gorgeous little cottons. Glad Lossos confirmed that one for me too, because I used to swear by it with my own Cass, it really does mean all is well Jackie. Take carexxxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awww, just checking in, glad to hear she enjoyed her little walk and her Haagan Daaz, and I too will be looking forward to seeing her in her usual pose, legs in the air, bless her gorgeous little cottons. Glad Lossos confirmed that one for me too, because I used to swear by it with my own Cass, it really does mean all is well Jackie. Take carexxxxxxxx
Thanks Aitch. She's asleep peacefully at my feet at the moment. I'm sure you'll see that photo soon. xxxxx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:01 PM
poor cassey ,she looks such a lovely girl ,lets hope the med sorts it all out for you ,such a worry for mom and dad isnt it ,glad she enjoyed the ice cream
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
poor cassey ,she looks such a lovely girl ,lets hope the med sorts it all out for you ,such a worry for mom and dad isnt it ,glad she enjoyed the ice cream
Thanks Tracey. Hopefully we get it stabilised and carry on as normal. xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Hope she is ok from now on WH, everything crossed here.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Just been catching up.

Poor Cassie. So sorry to hear she had another fit during the night. Must have been frightening for you all.

Hope the medication sorts things out for Cassie and she doesn't have another fit. Fingers and paws all crossed here.

She looks thoroughly miffed in that photo, the wee soul.

All the best to the three of you. Take care.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Hope she is ok from now on WH, everything crossed here.
Thanks Dawn

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Just been catching up.

Poor Cassie. So sorry to hear she had another fit during the night. Must have been frightening for you all.

Hope the medication sorts things out for Cassie and she doesn't have another fit. Fingers and paws all crossed here.

She looks thoroughly miffed in that photo, the wee soul.

All the best to the three of you. Take care.
Thanks Nicola
Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »