Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I enjoyed watching the programme and I hope it raises the profile of rescues/ rescue dogs in general.

There is no way I could vote for any of the dogs, I feel so sad to think that any of them had ended up in a rescue in the first place, to vote any one of them off would seem like further rejecting them to me

I know I am missing the point somewhat and probably taking it too seriously, and we are supposed to be voting on the handlers/dogs abilities, but given the sad circumstances of each dog I don't think you can quantify ability.

I think all the dogs included are just lovely and they are all winners.
awww,mini,u big softy you
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I enjoyed watching the programme and I hope it raises the profile of rescues/ rescue dogs in general.

There is no way I could vote for any of the dogs, I feel so sad to think that any of them had ended up in a rescue in the first place, to vote any one of them off would seem like further rejecting them to me

I know I am missing the point somewhat and probably taking it too seriously, and we are supposed to be voting on the handlers/dogs abilities, but given the sad circumstances of each dog I don't think you can quantify ability.

I think all the dogs included are just lovely and they are all winners.
You know after a few minutes I wanted to turn off, I felt sooo sorry for those doggies.
After 3wks of training and bonding with someone they then have to go back into kennels, unless they are all as lucky as Claudia.
It is not all a walk in the park, rescued dogs come with a lot of "baggage" and a lot of thought has to go into this.
Sorry to sound so negative but although in some respects I enjoyed the programme, I can't help feeling it is entertainment at the dogs expense.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 07:35 PM
It is entertainment, but not necessarilly(sp) at the dogs expense, how many people do you think watched the programme, who may have been thinking about getting a dog look at it all in a different light, and instead of buying from the dodgy breeders on the internet or the loot etc, decide to go to a nearby rescue center and adopt a dog? I think it is a definate benefit to all rescue dogs to have them highlighted, and I am hands on heart positive the dogs on the programme will get rehomed by someone.

Mo
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Did anyone watch The Underdog tonight...any favourites? I dont really but like Julia and Coookie, Mishal & her dog (forgot his name) and also Huey and Casper...... Poor little Casper, Huey said Casper had been beaten when younger, so had back problems and didn't like people leaning over him. So he's done well with him I think. I also think i caught Julia saying she is going to adopt Cookie as she thinks about her all the time and would worry about her. Once a dog finds a place in your heart ...can't let go!!!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2007, 08:52 PM
I love the programme I think they have got it so right(makes a change with Dog programmes)

I really like them all and cant pick a favorite think they have all done a brilliant Job
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Yes I watched it tonight - it's the results soon don't forget!

In fact I'm going back to the tv now!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2007, 08:58 PM
My first reaction to it was similar to Minihaha's, but I am concerned that these dogs are bonding for 3 weeks, only to be 'dropped' so to speak once the camera's have gone. I can only hope that it does raise the profile of the rescue centres and that these dogs stand a better chance of gaining a forever home.

Looking at the 'bigger' picture, I am impressed at how they are showing that you can train a 'rescue' to achieve something more. If that gets more viewers thinking "If I get a dog, then I want to be able to do that, and get it trained", then again I'm definately for it. Plus they are using the children to compete, so again the benefits of showing the younger generations that dogs need training, definately gets the thumbs up from me

The other side of course is that all (or some of) profit generated by the telephone votes, goes to a childrens charity too, so both rescue's and the childrens charity benefits
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I have really enjoyed watching this and to be honest I feel it only too good for the rescue centres to get as much advertising as possible, it can only educate people into considering going that way! IMO
Solitaire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2007, 09:44 PM
I watched some of it tonight, apparantly a lot of the dogs have been offered homes when the program ends.
cocomo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2007, 09:46 PM
well kirstys going home and brunos going with her

yey for bruno
Page 9 of 20 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »