Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Oops - the egg I broke into Pereg's bowl was off

Very off - and it was the last thing added to her bowl on top of her "soup" of vitamins and supplements, vegetables, ox lung [I had cut a too large piece before packing and freezing so did not give it all to her yesterday, half a tub of yoghurt...

...snd then I broke an egg on the side of her bowl and tipped it - or rather a bit of dark green stinking bad egg on the top - before I managed to stop putting the rest in.

Thinking about some of the "off" food some dogs manage to scavenge, and being unable to fish this out, I just mixed it with the yoghurt, added another egg [broken into a glass first as I usually do, put the bowl down and she scoffed the lot.

I do hope she does not get an upset tummy...
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-09-2014, 04:05 PM
One of the most vile, stinky things I know of - the rotten egg. Hope the smell hasn't lingered too much Malka.
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2014, 04:09 PM
No doubt she eaten worse in the past. I know mine has. Rotting birds etc lol
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Fourlegz View Post
One of the most vile, stinky things I know of - the rotten egg. Hope the smell hasn't lingered too much Malka.
As I prepare that meal with her bowl next to the sink I promptly dropped the remainder with the shell into the sink - washed the stinky remainder down the sink and rinsed out the two halves of the shell before binning them.

I sluiced the sink with scalding hot water [solar boiler + so much sun = scalding hot water] sluiced the sink out with bleach and scrubbed my hands until I thought the smell had gone - but I can still smell the stink.

Or maybe I just think I can?

Originally Posted by FluffHippo View Post
No doubt she eaten worse in the past. I know mine has. Rotting birds etc lol
I do not think she has eaten any rotting birds, but she does enjoy re-cycling her food - which dries up very quickly in the sun into a nice crunchy tidbit!
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Yeuk!! Not nice.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Two words for your bedside locker tonight.....Gas Mask!
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2014, 04:50 PM
I do not think she has eaten any rotting birds, but she does enjoy re-cycling her food - which dries up very quickly in the sun into a nice crunchy tidbit!

Oh yummy!! Lol
Roger Biduk
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Very off - and it was the last thing added to her bowl on top of her "soup" of vitamins and supplements, vegetables, ox lung [I had cut a too large piece before packing and freezing so did not give it all to her yesterday, half a tub of yoghurt...

...snd then I broke an egg on the side of her bowl and tipped it - or rather a bit of dark green stinking bad egg on the top - before I managed to stop putting the rest in.

Thinking about some of the "off" food some dogs manage to scavenge, and being unable to fish this out, I just mixed it with the yoghurt, added another egg [broken into a glass first as I usually do, put the bowl down and she scoffed the lot.

I do hope she does not get an upset tummy...
Hello Malka,

She's very lucky to be with a pet parent feeding such a good diet.

If you're not already, you should be adding the eggshell, finely chopped... contains 1500-2000 mg of good calcium.

Roger Biduk
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Roger Biduk View Post
Hello Malka,

She's very lucky to be with a pet parent feeding such a good diet.
Thank you! It is a lot more time consuming to put it all together as against than just putting kibble in a bowl, but it is what suits Pereg - she likes it - and she is extremely healthy [albeit epileptic!], and I am satisfied that she gets everything she needs.

If you're not already, you should be adding the eggshell, finely chopped... contains 1500-2000 mg of good calcium.

Roger Biduk
I think she probably gets more than enough calcium as her second meal is always a raw chicken back or carcass, or turkey neck. And when I can get them, also fresh sardines. There is also calcium in some of her supplements, plus the 0½% fat plain yoghurt and ½% fat soft "cream" cheese she regularly has [together with an egg] instead of meat for her first meal.
Roger Biduk
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Thank you! It is a lot more time consuming to put it all together as against than just putting kibble in a bowl, but it is what suits Pereg - she likes it - and she is extremely healthy [albeit epileptic!], and I am satisfied that she gets everything she needs.

I think she probably gets more than enough calcium as her second meal is always a raw chicken back or carcass, or turkey neck. And when I can get them, also fresh sardines. There is also calcium in some of her supplements, plus the 0½% fat plain yoghurt and ½% fat soft "cream" cheese she regularly has [together with an egg] instead of meat for her first meal.
Excellent... she does indeed get everything she's supposed to... it's incredible that every major veterinary association, as would every allopathic veterinarian I know of condemn that diet as dangerous... but they consider a bag of garbage Hill's Prescription Diet as the best... unbelievable.

Roger Biduk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >