Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2011, 09:13 PM

Mmm whats going on here?

ace my soringer and my 1st ever dog will be 11 at the end of may hes always been aloof would rather sit all day staring at an ant rather than come for a cuddle, has never played with toys and has never gone up stairs even when i need to bathe him i carry him up as he refuses to go up as h knows they arnt allowed up there .BUT today i left the living room door open and my daughter was soo shocked he was up the stairs i couldnt believe it either! and tonight hes been nearly sitting on my lap having a lovely cuddle again has never done this before! think hes geting soppy in his old age!
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
I'd try senilife to help perk him up, you can only try.

http://www.senilife.com/Senilife/Sen...iew/What-it-is

I would buy from here
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-and-cat-s...nd-dogs-p-3219
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 07:59 AM
All my aunt's cats did this later in life - unfortunately it was a couple of weeks before they passed.. Not that I'm saying Ace is doing that - dogs are different to cats afterall.

I suppose it's worse than him getting more distant from you..

If you haven't had it for 11 years, enjoy it!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Blimey, that's a big change...bless. I think all old men mellow as they get older, or get grumpy - so you got a good deal! Bless him, must be a nice treat to have him all cuddly
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I know hes an old man and yes hes greying but to see him out hes like a little puppy the wind in his ears lol,hes also started to follow me around which i dont mind but if i get up hell wake himself up and follow me! he gets stressed if i put him in another room even tho he can see me but dont like the idea him waking himself up all the time as im usually up and down all niight which is why i put them to bed at 9 so he can get a bit of sleep!!
hes also more nervous of loud noises as well my son only has to walk into the room with his airrifle and hes shaking and on my lap! the gun doesnt make alot of noise and they are in the room with me no-where near him, that makes me laugh cos hes a gundog as well!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 09:41 AM
How are his hearing and sight?
That would be the first thing I would look at? Possibly if things are startling him a bit more he is coming to you and clinging a bit more for security?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 11:20 AM
his hearing is fine usual selective hearing for a springer!! sight is fine,think i may just need to come to terms with hes getting old