Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Blimey, that does look a lot like her! Maybe the judge should have seen that picture.!
I should print it off and take it with me for the next time I enter her as a crossbreed!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 11:54 PM
oh that pic does look like lily! i definitely think something else is in there, other than JRT...

but, whatever she is, she is beautiful!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Amazing how similar they look isn't it! The dog in that photo is a Patterdale/Fell Terrier which looks to me far more like Lily than a Border.

Aw, I'm not proud. I know my little girl is a total strumpet and if she's inherited it from her mum then so be it!
I would pick the photo of the Patterdale/Fell terrier being the parent rather than the two (or at least we are sure who the mother was ) that is claimed to be .
Wonder if it is a throw back somewhere in the parents line, as she really looks like the Patt
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
oh that pic does look like lily! i definitely think something else is in there, other than JRT...

but, whatever she is, she is beautiful!
There just has to be but I'm not convinced it's Border! Thanks Lauren, she may not be the 'norm' but I think she's perfect!

Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I would pick the photo of the Patterdale/Fell terrier being the parent rather than the two (or at least we are sure who the mother was ) that is claimed to be .
Wonder if it is a throw back somewhere in the parents line, as she really looks like the Patt
Yep me too Emma and if I hadn't actually seen both parents I would have assumed she wasn't a JRT. The fact the owners didn't charge silly money for her either even though none of the pups were 'typical' Jacks. In this ridiculous climate we now have with overpriced crossbreeds with stupid names, it was refreshing to see owners not jumping on that band wagon. Considering that chocolate JRT's have been advertised for £700, Lily was a bargain at a mere £150! I reckon there could be Patterdale in Dad's line given his colouring.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Whatever she's crossed with, she's beautiful
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Well i'm going to say I think it is entirely possible she did come from the parents you see, mum was racy and dad was b+t, I can imagine how together they could have produced the beautiful Lilly, it's their lines I would question, both probably not pure JRT all the way IMO. The 'none papered' 'russel' often has something else in there somewhere, patterdale/fell border, even chi e.t.c.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Whatever she's crossed with, she's beautiful
Thanks Lou, my thoughts exactly!

Originally Posted by random View Post
Well i'm going to say I think it is entirely possible she did come from the parents you see, mum was racy and dad was b+t, I can imagine how together they could have produced the beautiful Lilly, it's their lines I would question, both probably not pure JRT all the way IMO. The 'none papered' 'russel' often has something else in there somewhere, patterdale/fell border, even chi e.t.c.
You are probably spot on there. That to me is the beauty of the JRT, there is such a lovely mix of terriers in there that the 'standard' can blur in a good way!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:53 AM
though even if dad mated, whose to ssay it wasnt too late & she had already been mated by the randy BT down the road!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
though even if dad mated, whose to ssay it wasnt too late & she had already been mated by the randy BT down the road!
Could well be and if Lily's mum was a little trollop like her daughter, then that is definitely possible! I don't think I've ever seen a dog flirt like Lily does!!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Oh wow she does look like she has border in her!
People say my lad looks like hes got border in him, and hes half JRT, half shih tzu

You girl is stunning though!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2