Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone, will be ordering one in the week and will keep you posted xx
Originally Posted by bint View Post
I've just ordered a Manmat canicross belt so I'll let you know how we get on. The belt my OH is using is from Snowpaw, very robust but fairly bulky. I thought maybe the Manmat belt would suit my smaller frame better but I have used the other one (not the one in your link) many times myself too

Hi Bint,

You and another friend of mine have been my inspiration, as you know xxx So a BIG THANK YOU xxxxxxxx Fingers crossed I don't get pulled over or anything though
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2009, 01:37 PM
No probs Looking forward to the photo's
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by bint View Post
No probs Looking forward to the photo's
XXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AlannaJohan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Oooh, definitely noticing a spitz-breed theme with the people posting on this topic!
We too use the culpeppers one - both on collars and in walking / x-back harnesses depending on what we're doing with the dogs at the time. I was quite apprehensive at first thinking there was no way I'd be strong enough if they both hiked on, but have actually found it less likely to get pulled over in because of not being pulled from a high centre of gravity (your arms), not to mention that you can both dig your heels in and grab the leads with your hands for extra support should the pups decide to chase a rabbit or pull a similarly maneuver. In fact we have actually had 3 mals on it at one time with no problems (I might actually have pics of this on the other computer - might use this as an excuse to go seek them out...).
The only thing I would say is that in my experience I found that over consistent-ridiculously-hilly terrain it put a lot of pressure on my lower back when going downhill (not helped, of course, by my two tractoring to get to the bottom). But then that might just be a physical deficiency on my part, so don't let that put you off!
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Update on the Manmat Canicross belt for you werewolf
Very light & comfortable, easy to put on & not at all bulky. I only did a short run (with one dog attached) but so far I'm impressed
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Bit of info werewolf . Although the manmat canicross belt is comfortable it is designed for running. Last week I used it when we were hiking & found the leg straps weren't as comfortable - riding up my bum a bit My other belt can be used with or without the leg straps & is great for walking
(ps before anyone panics we weren't hiking in the recent heat. It rained all of the 1st day & was cloudy/cool on the 2nd & we made sure our route included river stops )
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Have worn a walking belt with my lot for years. Used an absailing harness before I could get my hands on one. Very much like the Manmat belts with leg straps.

Think its down to personal preference when it comes to the type of belt - it will be your best friend for years

Our lot wear Manmat walking harnesses when they are on the belt and we use a Manmat bungee lead to soften the haul

Having your hands free helps when having to grab hold of trees, telegraph poles and the occassional passer by! Especially in squirrel season

All of mine walk to heal in built up areas but soon as we are out on the trails I send them all out in front to enjoy a steady paced walk. Till we see some squirrels

In our house "the mummy person is in charge" so have no problems with my dogs pacing out ahead of me when we are out hiking

Hope this finds everyone well.

Seoniad
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
oooer, like the sound of that, would leave my hands free to throw stones at passers by...lol
That too
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2