Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2010, 04:40 PM

Honey Snapping at Other Dogs

Honey again, always doing something wrong. This time she has recently been snapping at other dogs when out on a walk with me or OH, dog walker said she hasnt done it with them, im scared she going to hurt another dog one day, would one of those bands around her nose be the best option.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 06:53 PM
My bitch Cherry used to be very reactive around other dogs and we used a gentle leader head-collar but it was used in conjunction with clicker training and rewards for calm behaviour near other dogs and calming strokes around her head when she was near other dogs.

In what situations does she snap at other dogs? Is this something new that has happened? What other problems do you have with her as you state she is always doing something wrong?
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
My bitch Cherry used to be very reactive around other dogs and we used a gentle leader head-collar but it was used in conjunction with clicker training and rewards for calm behaviour near other dogs and calming strokes around her head when she was near other dogs.

In what situations does she snap at other dogs? Is this something new that has happened? What other problems do you have with her as you state she is always doing something wrong?
Hi and thanks for your reply, this is a new thing with Honey only started happening a couple of weeks ago, when we are out in the park for her walk and she meets another dog she snarls at it but has never actually bitten anything yet. She seems fine with dogs she knows well and plays with it just seems to be stranger dogs, we have a dog walker and she said she hasnt come across this problem with her as yet.

When we got honey a year ago we had a few separation problems with her and got her a crate which she is now out off, she has recently started chewing things again like the mattress she made a hole in it and scratching at the carpet although not as often now. She is just so mischievous but she is still a puppy i think, approx 18 months.