View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dawn&Gaz
New Member!
Female 

31-03-2009, 12:00 PM

Hello (puppy with reaction to vaccination)

Hello there everyone im new to this site,I also have a question i had to take my 8 week old german shepherd pup for her first jab today and since we have been back she asnt got out of her bed and she keeps cryin and shakin as i have never had to do this before is that normal for her to b actin that way? Thanx x
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Welcome to Dogsey firstly!

I'm not sure this is normal as the only time I have owned a pup was when I was 5, so can't remember. Could you ring your vet and ask if this is a side effect?
Dawn&Gaz
New Member!
Female 

31-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi and thanx for the welcome i just got through to our vets and they have said that she will b sore for at least 24 hours but as long as she eats and drinks she will b fine, think i should have been told b4 i left there tho but still i know now ...thank u for replyin tho x
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Just keep a close eye on her and she should be fine
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Yes, I had this with my Phoebe a few weeks back. She was just sleepy and shaking a little (tho Chis do tend to do this a lot anyway so that didn't really bother me). The Vet did warn me that the pups might be a bit of colour for a day or so but phoebe yelped every time you touched her neck/back. I phoned the Vet and they said to bring her back in 24 hours if she continued to be upset when touched but it was prob just the site where the injection had gone in. She was fine by next morning. She did eat and drink normally.

Hope your pup is back to the norm really soon Sure she will be
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Welcome to Dogsey

I'm sure she will be fine
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Vaccines are quite controversial and do carry quite substantial health risks - me personally I never vaccinate, however it's a personal choice and really, before you proceed with the vaccination series I would strongly recommend learning about them so that you can make more informed choices and weigh up the pros and cons properly.

This UK site is very informative: http://www.canine-health-concern.org.uk/

And also this USA site: http://www.truthaboutvaccines.org/articles.html
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Welcome to dogsey
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I would take her in for a check up if she is no better just in case.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:21 AM
I would dispute that vaccination carries a 'substantial' health risk. As with everything in life nothing is risk free but if it wasn't for vaccination we'd have dogs dying of distemper and parvo virus all over the place. People need to be aware of that. It's solely because of vaccination that these diseases are kept at bay in the main.
I've only had one pup react such as yours but she was fine 24 hours later and she's a right little terror now lol!
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >