Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
O right, that makes it OK then? You talk such a load of tosh, you really do !! "My dogs are allowed to rampage around the countryside ripping rabbits up !" ... you really do exaggerate ... !!

No Dawn, my dogs are not different, all dogs are wolves under the skin

When did I ever say that I allowed a pet to live wild? You really must learn to READ properly Dawn. Having a dislike of keeping animals in cages is totally different from allowing them to live 24/7 in the wild.
Do I exaggerate, I think not, but then you know that dont you. Did you not have a Rabbit that you allowed to go and live wild and his little kittens popped up now and again with spots? How irresponsible!

All you have done is told a load of rubbish that no other person on the planet has ever seen or known of, that you cant prove or even back up, you have a history of lying all the time and you expect people on here to believe you? Yeah right OK then, Ill just sit back and smile shall I?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=chaz;1853111]But we no longer have use for them, and really the same can be said about cats, I think that its the Siberian forest cat that now works along side people, coming into the villages in the winter, when there is less food in the forests, and killing or the mice and rats, and many if not all going back to the forest's when it gets warmer, but from animals and people working together, how is the jump from that to so many breeds natural??

I can't comment about cats because I really don't know anything about them, but what you say sounds very interesting.

So you let your domestic rabbits round the village? How would you feel if they get killed by a dog, because it would be natural? I'm sorry but I believe that this is highly irresponisble, and I would also question where you got your rabbits as you kept them in such a way. Your quest for a natural life for your animals in this example is way too far, and IMO if you or anyone was keeping their animals like this I believe that they shouldn't have them.

Long time ago now, but were I to still have rabbits and one got killed by a dog, I would feel very sad. But better that than confined to a life of torture living in a cage!! How would you like to sit in a hutch all day long, and all night. Or, if you were very lucky, maybe your owner would have a small run on the grass for you ... big deal !! My rabbits were extremely healthy. The male, Mittens, was a superb specimen, extremely healthy and far far happier and healthier than any poor unfortunate pet rabbit confined to a stinking hutch. How anyone who is an animal lover could possibly think that keeping what is effectively a wild animal in a hutch is kinder than allowing the animal the best of both worlds, beats me.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I think I hit the truth with you didnt I? My dogs work for a living, they hunt and kill what we INTEND to, I have never ever let my dogs rampage round the countryside ripping Rabbits up like you have allowed your dogs to do, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Oh no Dawn, they don't rip them up, they eat them alive, see she even said so herself, that has to be different doesn't it??? And it wasn't just one dog, it was two of them and she admits herself that it is horrible.

Not all dogs kill cleanly and quickly. Tai, and Hal before him, catches rabbits but invariably will eat them alive. It is horrible. Usually he is not far away from me, and I can quickly grab the poor rabbit and put it out of its misery, but occasionally he has dived into the hedge or into the crop and I can't get to him quickly. Hal was the same.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Do I exaggerate, I think not, but then you know that dont you. Did you not have a Rabbit that you allowed to go and live wild and his little kittens popped up now and again with spots? How irresponsible!

All you have done is told a load of rubbish that no other person on the planet has ever seen or known of, that you cant prove or even back up, you have a history of lying all the time and you expect people on here to believe you? Yeah right OK then, Ill just sit back and smile shall I?
Dawn, DO PLEASE try and get the story right !! I did not "allow" him to go bush, he went of his own accord. One day, he just did not return to his tree house. I wonder why ... probably because he preferred to live as nature intended, and not cooped up in a horrible tree house, however nice that actually was. It wasn't to him, he wanted to live in the garden, but unfortunately also wanted to go hop-about. Small-minded people like yourself with nothing better to think about decided that it was "cruel" to let Mittens have his freedom, so I used to catch him every night and shut him up in the tree house, and let him out in the mornings.

And no ... they did not pop up with spots, his babies ... we noticed from time to time one or two grey rabbits in the field, and guessed that these were Mittens babes. No spots.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
But we no longer have use for them, and really the same can be said about cats, I think that its the Siberian forest cat that now works along side people, coming into the villages in the winter, when there is less food in the forests, and killing or the mice and rats, and many if not all going back to the forest's when it gets warmer, but from animals and people working together, how is the jump from that to so many breeds natural??

I can't comment about cats because I really don't know anything about them, but what you say sounds very interesting.

So you let your domestic rabbits round the village? How would you feel if they get killed by a dog, because it would be natural? I'm sorry but I believe that this is highly irresponisble, and I would also question where you got your rabbits as you kept them in such a way. Your quest for a natural life for your animals in this example is way too far, and IMO if you or anyone was keeping their animals like this I believe that they shouldn't have them.

Long time ago now, but were I to still have rabbits and one got killed by a dog, I would feel very sad. But better that than confined to a life of torture living in a cage!! How would you like to sit in a hutch all day long, and all night. Or, if you were very lucky, maybe your owner would have a small run on the grass for you ... big deal !! My rabbits were extremely healthy. The male, Mittens, was a superb specimen, extremely healthy and far far happier and healthier than any poor unfortunate pet rabbit confined to a stinking hutch. How anyone who is an animal lover could possibly think that keeping what is effectively a wild animal in a hutch is kinder than allowing the animal the best of both worlds, beats me.
I think that people who truelly love their pets would prefer them to stay safe, my poor buns, being left in a run in the front room, with toys, and treats, and time to get out and play, and friends, and safety, they must be suffering, as they have no chance of being run over, catching Myxi, being eaten by a fox or dog (maybe even alive , getting into fights with wild rabbits, being shot, being taken by a Bop, God my rabbits suffer, maybe I should expose them to all this and say but Gnasher said that it would give you a better quality of life
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Great, pleased for you. Ive loved hunting for over 20yrs.
Why?

I genuinely want to hear it in your own words.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Oh no Dawn, they don't rip them up, they eat them alive, see she even said so herself, that has to be different doesn't it??? And it wasn't just one dog, it was two of them and she admits herself that it is horrible.
Chaz, with the greatest respect, I was talking about individual dogs. Hal, now sadly no longer with us, hunted rabbits. We now have Tai, and he also hunts rabbits. Not 2 dogs together.

And please don't refer to me as "she", I do have a name !!

It is horrible that dogs sometimes do not kill cleanly ... but it is part of their NATURE. Just as it is part of a cat's nature to torture poor little song birds, sometimes for hours, before killing them. Nature IS horrible, red in tooth and claw.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I think that people who truelly love their pets would prefer them to stay safe, my poor buns, being left in a run in the front room, with toys, and treats, and time to get out and play, and friends, and safety, they must be suffering, as they have no chance of being run over, catching Myxi, being eaten by a fox or dog (maybe even alive , getting into fights with wild rabbits, being shot, being taken by a Bop, God my rabbits suffer, maybe I should expose them to all this and say but Gnasher said that it would give you a better quality of life
Chaz, my dear girl, do you HONESTLY think that your rabbits like to be "left in a run in the front room, with toys and treats" in preference to a life OUTSIDE !! Where God intended them to be?

P-u-u-r-l-e-e-s-e
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Why?

I genuinely want to hear it in your own words.
O so do I Pidge, so do I !!

This is going to be good ...
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Chaz, with the greatest respect, I was talking about individual dogs. Hal, now sadly no longer with us, hunted rabbits. We now have Tai, and he also hunts rabbits. Not 2 dogs together.

And please don't refer to me as "she", I do have a name !!

It is horrible that dogs sometimes do not kill cleanly ... but it is part of their NATURE. Just as it is part of a cat's nature to torture poor little song birds, sometimes for hours, before killing them. Nature IS horrible, red in tooth and claw.
Well then Gnasher, how come you was able to raise two dogs at different times, that did this, and I have never seen or heard of it before, and how come you didn't learn with Hal, and put that into practice with Tai?

Nature is horrible, but what domesicated animals do is the responisbilty of their owners, and you are allowing them to kill in a way that well a lot of these people are saying is cruel to foxes, so why is it so different for a rabbit to be killed this way?
Page 57 of 94 « First < 7 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 > Last »