Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2008, 05:14 PM

Solid Poos!!!!

WAHEY - GIZMO HAD ONE

How Happy am i, lol - yes i know thats sad and further to my threat of posting a pic of it - i thought that i better not, haha!!

Anyway just wanted to share - and hope i haven't jinxed the wee man.

Also - thanks to you all at the food pick up point for taking time to show me amounts to feed and putting my mind at ease. (it still doesn't look much and Gizmo ate it in one gulp - but hey ho!!)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2008, 07:15 PM
yeah, that is absolute best part of raw feeding, little tiny poos that can be picked up easily and no smell
Wouldn't blame you for taking a piccie, the change is hard to believe isn't it
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I love it that we all get excited about solid poos

Hope Gizmo is enjoying the raw food and here's to many more solid poos in the future

Actually....I might post a pic to show you the difference in size of poo between my raw fed dog and my foster dog who is on Arden Grange.......
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2008, 10:57 AM
DAY 2 IN THE GIZMO - WILL I - WON'T I HOUSEHOLD

Ok so he's been kennelled whilst i was at work (nights) - came back not knowing what to expect - a good bone left in with him and first time of trying him on his own for such a long period of time - AND - (drum roll)

NO POO!!!!!!!!!! One happy dog

WOW - he didn't eat the bone, just stripped it but maybe thats something he has to get his head round.

He went for a poo this morning - OMG- solid, i xcould pick it up with no marks left on the ground - i am so pleased - can you tell, lol.

Don't want to jinx it here - i may be pushing it - NO ITCHING EITHER (that i have noticed, to be fair)

Could this be us on the way UP??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2008, 11:03 AM
question... how much should the rotties get?.. eg one bag = one meal?

I give my lot meat quite a bit, eg.. minced tripe from the butcher.. mixed through there meal, with no real problems, but the raw feeding has not gone down to great in this house so far... vinnie dont like, kaos is up-chucking it..
the girls are fine
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2008, 11:08 AM
ooooh - sounds like you're having a good time!!! NOT!

Hopefully someone will be along soon to help. I'm sure i got told that for Sasha (mind she only 44kg) - it would be a bag a day!! Prob no help to you but going by all the help i'm getting then for my peace of mind - i'd prob giver her the bag a day and then prob a bone and that would be it!!

LOL, watch this - i'll have misunderstood - if i have please don't yell at me - i've not changed her over yet, lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
ooooh - sounds like you're having a good time!!! NOT!

Hopefully someone will be along soon to help. I'm sure i got told that for Sasha (mind she only 44kg) - it would be a bag a day!! Prob no help to you but going by all the help i'm getting then for my peace of mind - i'd prob giver her the bag a day and then prob a bone and that would be it!!

LOL, watch this - i'll have misunderstood - if i have please don't yell at me - i've not changed her over yet, lol
ah,, ok, not sure the rotties would cope with that... they like to have there bellys filled.. that said Im not changing over to raw,, so they are still getting kibble, think I will just give them half a bag with there last meal, {they normaly get some sort of meat in it everyday anyway, be it chicken/tinned meat whatever} stick with there kibble in the morning,,

you really dont need to give them much then with the raw! if my lot were not so greedy it would be a good way of feeding...
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Shona

I feed Bryan 3% of his bodyweight per day in raw food. I drop it to 2% if he's looking a bit podgy.

When you see it, it doesn't look like much, but commercial pet foods are padded out with rice etc. so you have to feed loads of that for the dog to get anywhere near proper nutrition.

With the raw though, the dog can utilise every little last bit of it and that's why the poo is really improved.

HTH x
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Glad to hear Gizmo is liking his new food....and his rear end is better...AND the itching!! Here's hoping its the result you needed..

Not so good for the rotties though!..some dogs don't take to it and object for a week or so..(in the form of upchuck or runny bottoms!) its a sort of detox..
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Glad to hear Gizmo is liking his new food....and his rear end is better...AND the itching!! Here's hoping its the result you needed..

Not so good for the rotties though!..some dogs don't take to it and object for a week or so..(in the form of upchuck or runny bottoms!) its a sort of detox..
It certainly seems to be fine - i have had to up his feed quite dramatically at the mo though. He is extremely ribby and what i was giving him was going down in a gulp. I'm now giving him dry food with raw (seperate meals and he is getting 3/4 to a whole bag as i really need to get the weight on him.

I was a bit worried as when i put the dry down he attacked it like he was starving - he quite literally snorted it up and that was with a huge dollop of meat in it also -

Will this blow him up too much as in cause internal problems - the amount of food that is. Sorry this seems like a nightmare but things are getting well - i don't want to lose him to another problem.

Sasha was good with the bones but didn't appreciate the meat i let her try - ooops - know how you feel shona!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >