Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Flaming Cold!!!!!!

Well I probably should have stayed at home this weekend and nursed this flaming cold but there was no way I was going to miss out on Crufts. I'm really suffering for it now though. I have a horrible sinus headache and a rotten chesty cough and I'm grumpy as hell!!!!!
This is the second time in a month I've been down with it and I have had just about enough now. Thankfully unlike last winter it doesn't seem to be developing into chest infections which is a relief but it's wearing me out all the same.
Sorry for the rant. I know there are plenty of people much worse off than myself but I'm just feeling sorry for myself now
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Plenty of paracetamol to keep your temperature down and chicken soup!

You're a norty girl going out when you're not well, especially after last years chest infection.... but as it was Cruft's I'll let you off lol.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Awww Jackie, you poor old thing, you need a nice hot bath, clean sheets, paracetamol, and go and lie down in bed to watch the telly with you know who lying by your side - awwww that's perfect heaven to me!!! I'll swap with you????!!! Maybe you won't be going into work tomorrow either, you need to get rid of this before it ends up on your chest again You poor old thing, not much help am I!!!! It's been years since I've had a cold, but then I'm always rushing around so nothing can catch me!!!

Take care you.xxxx Wags and licks from Georgie.xxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Plenty of paracetamol to keep your temperature down and chicken soup!

You're a norty girl going out when you're not well, especially after last years chest infection.... but as it was Cruft's I'll let you off lol.
I know, I'm on my second box of Beechams. It's a week today that I've been suffering with it. Thursday night I didn't think I'd be going to Crufts but woke up Friday feeling a bit better. Gradually got worse since then You think that's bad, go read my post about the journey home

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awww Jackie, you poor old thing, you need a nice hot bath, clean sheets, paracetamol, and go and lie down in bed to watch the telly with you know who lying by your side - awwww that's perfect heaven to me!!! I'll swap with you????!!! Maybe you won't be going into work tomorrow either, you need to get rid of this before it ends up on your chest again You poor old thing, not much help am I!!!! It's been years since I've had a cold, but then I'm always rushing around so nothing can catch me!!!

Take care you.xxxx Wags and licks from Georgie.xxxxx
I've had my hot bath and John's just done chicken pie and chips for tea. Had my Beechams and my cough medicine and might just have a hot toddy later! Madame has taken herself off to bed already. I'm watching my chest and have a peak flow meter here at home so know if I'm in trouble or not. My levels are fine so I know it's not an infection, just miserable cold.
Thank you to Georgie for the wags and licks xxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Do you take Vitamen C regularly, Jackie? I've found that to be a godsend when fighting off colds and flu. I took it religiously for about three years...... I can't even remember why I stopped now - and I rarely get colds.

Hugs hon, hope you feel better soon x0x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Do you take Vitamen C regularly, Jackie? I've found that to be a godsend when fighting off colds and flu. I took it religiously for about three years...... I can't even remember why I stopped now - and I rarely get colds.

Hugs hon, hope you feel better soon x0x
I take that many tablets I rattle Vicki. I usually don't suffer but think those chest infections last year must have weakened me. This cold has been going around work and Andrea that I work with and myself have really been hit badly this winter. I'll have to start on the vitamin C again I guess.
Thanks for the hugs, poor John's taking the brunt of it at the moment cause I'm a miserable cow today
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 07:02 PM
theres a herbal rememdy u can take called anci (something or other)it keeps colds at bay. or if u are suffering already it helps cuts down the time your ill.
and if u suffer from asthma are u entitled to the flu jab??? it dont stop u from catching the various bugs, but when u do catch them your not so ill.
get well soon.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
theres a herbal rememdy u can take called anci (something or other)it keeps colds at bay. or if u are suffering already it helps cuts down the time your ill.
and if u suffer from asthma are u entitled to the flu jab??? it dont stop u from catching the various bugs, but when u do catch them your not so ill.
get well soon.
I know, I'm going to have to start taking something I think. I was doing so well after those dreadful infections last year but in the last month, I've really suffered! You've just reminded me that I missed my flu jab this year as well. When I was with the NHS, I used to get it done at work! Thanks
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear your under the weather hun.........all the best, hope your better soonxxxxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Sorry to hear your under the weather hun.........all the best, hope your better soonxxxxxxxxx
Thanks, appreciate it.
xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >