Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-02-2008, 02:32 PM

Biggest dog you have ever seen?

The biggest I have seen is a St Bernard at the vets.. Rocky was the biggest in there at first and everyone was saying what a big softie he was... then comes in a massive St Bernard, absolutely HUGE

Only thing is you'd need an extra large house to keep one of those! Maybe one day lol

So what's the biggest dog you have ever seen?!
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 02:51 PM
The biggest dog that I have ever seen was a 211 pound female blue (solid) Great Dane. She was not over weight. She was so big but had the most gentle personality in a Dane that I have ever seen. The people had paid an extra $1000 for her just because she was a solid blue dane and she turned out to be a giant. LOL
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 02:54 PM
They are big Azz I suppose you need someone quite tall to take them for a walk lol
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Saw one of my friends newfoundlands last year that she bred.

He was HUGE. I have seen many newfies but this one was the size of a horse, his name was archie and he was a gentle lovable giant.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I have to say it has to be big Bella,St Bernard who lives over the back from me.Shona will vouch for me on that, Bella loves to terrorise me on occasions but loves me when she's ill as I've taken her to the vets a few times in my car.She is massive and boy oh boy she doesn't like strange adults on her property,,though she's a big lump with all the kids who come and go with her owners.
A very close second is another of my neighbours dogs is Calvin the Great Dane,he is huge but not as bulky as Bella is.He is a real sweetheart and lovely natured,though he tends to take his owner for a walk instead of her taking him, xxxxxxxxx
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 03:03 PM
The biggest was a Great Dane who used to walk past where my mate lived, it was the tallest dog I have ever seen, the owner could have quite easily used it was a form of transport.

Another was a newfoundland who a dinnerlady at the local school owned and the was just huge, it looked bigger aswell as the owner was only 4ft odd.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:06 PM
The biggest was a GSD boy, the last time I saw him he was two and up to my armpits!!!! absolutely massive!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Biggest as in tallest are a Mastiff that regularly comes into my shop, and an Irish Wolfhound that came in with his owner.
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Back in my vet nurse days I saw many a large doggie, mastiffs, danes, wolfhounds and newfs galore. However the biggest I saw was also a St.Bernard. He was a showdog, quite well known at the time I believe, called Timeside Mr.SlobbaDobba! He was a big boy alright!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 03:18 PM
The tallest dog I have ever seen was a black Great Dane I meet on the downs one Sunday. I could of put a saddle on him and rode him home as he was that big.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >