Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 06:34 PM

kids and fires

well the local kids have done it again set fire this afternoon to all the field it went up in a quick blaze cos the grass is so dry it didnt take long to burn again this is the 3rd year they have done this i feel sorry for the fireman having to keep coming up the mountain to out these field fires when are these stupid kids going to stop what fun so they get out of doing this,i took a walk over earlier to see what damage had been done and its horrible the smell is yuck luckily i couldnt see no injured animals
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Unfortunatley Jen-some children are fascinated with fire and this will always go on.The little brats near me have once set alight to an old hawthorn hedge which ordinarily wouldnt be serious-apart from the fact it runs at back to peoples houses so could have been catastropic.

I caught some a little while ago making a fire while doggie walking,but this was right out in the sticks where fire engines would struggle to get to and would have set alight to acres of scrubland & corn fields.Although they out numbered me by 8 to 1-i've got a bigger gob and a firey temper so sent them off with a flea in their ear!

You can understand why some land owners are so reluctant to allow joe public onto their land when a small minority can cause so much harm.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 06:59 PM
yep the little brats have been doing this in the woods next to our house in Scotland too. They've no respect for anyone - where are their parents!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:04 PM
its so annoying and see all this beautiful field all burnt its a real shame i know it will grow back but my boys loved to go walking there wont be going there a while,im just glad they didnt set light to the top field cos our houses are right in the middle of it luckily we have the hoses all ready blooming kids
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Thing is Jen-kids have no concept of what their actions have.Setting fields alight can seriously endanger lives of firefighters who are sent to put it out and any homes which are nearby.Not to mention the smoke which isnt good for asthma sufferers like me so im not a fan of the little s*ts.Wildlife also takes a battering cause some animals simply cannot run away fast enough to escape and the fear they must experience is unimaginable.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 07:28 PM
i know what you mean last year when we had the kids set the fields alight we found a few small baby bunnies and a few what was left of the birds nesting dead its such a sad time to see poor innocent animals threatened in such a manner, the fire men turned up and said same place again they are so used to coming here to put these fires out its so unfair to them i know its ther job but they dodnt need this kind of hassle every year
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 08:03 PM
This sort of stuff makes me so mad.

What is the fascination with kids and fire?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Snap, every night this week so far the little gits have set fire to the Eston Hills, right behind our offices. It took 8 fire engines on Monday night and I've seen fire engines heading that way as I'm heading home all week. The poor firemen look completely fed up and knackered. It's an absolute nightmare
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Snap, every night this week so far the little gits have set fire to the Eston Hills, right behind our offices. It took 8 fire engines on Monday night and I've seen fire engines heading that way as I'm heading home all week. The poor firemen look completely fed up and knackered. It's an absolute nightmare
What maddens me the most, is while these delightful little wannabe arsonists are setting fire to things, watching the fire brigade putting out the fires, some poor sod is losing his home, family etc that the appliances could be attending instead
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by trikeschick
yep the little brats have been doing this in the woods next to our house in Scotland too. They've no respect for anyone - where are their parents!
Trouble is Trikes, parents can no longer dish out any decent punishment. These yobs need a smacked ar$e if you ask me....but then I am old and set in my ways.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >