Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-07-2012, 06:50 PM

Kizzy - 10 year old female Staffie

Kizzy, Staffie, DOB 2002 – Gatwick, Surrey

Homing requirements: Kizzy is an older Staffie so needs a retirement and caring home. She loves people and needs a companionship home. She can attune to a settled dog and could be paired but is not pleased to find a dog in her face on her walks...bless. Kizzy needs time to settle and being in rescue has been a dreadful ordeal for her. She can protest initially on being left until she trusts her situation. An in the bedroom girl i.e. not left in the kitchen girl at night.

Her Story: Kizzy was found stray having had MANY litters. She was unclaimed and waited a long time for a rescue place in the pound. She enjoyed a week post-spay recovery in foster in a multi-dog household settled with the placid dogs but concerned with others. Spayed, being vaccinated and chipped. Kennelled near Gatwick, Surrey.

Advert: Kizzy our hearts go out to you! Such a promise of sparkle glimpsed in her eyes and her character just ready to devote. You feel Kizzy has been let down big time and needs rescuing - in fact we think she has all her life. Her litter years give way to her latter years and Kizzy now deserves the very best. Walks well on an extender but unsure and is quite determined as though she has 'cares in her head' ... she will learn to relax and enjoy life. Kizzy needs you(!) to help her feel safe, loved and content in her own self.

Kizzy is a medium sized Staffie with a rich golden Brindle coat which shines despite her ordeal. Kizzy is housetrained, loves the car and need company at this time. She is a determined soul. Kizzy is a mum who has served her time, many times over and now this time is hers, to nourish her centre. You will never regret giving Kizzy this opportunity as we haven't. She is such a dear. Choose one ... please choose Kizzy!

Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Here's Kizzy - you wouldn't dream that she was 10 years old, still full of fun and life ...

Kizzy is still in boarding kennels and waiting for her forever home.

Could you consider offering Kizzy a home?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Kizzy is still available for adoption
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-05-2013, 10:02 PM
A few more pics of Kizzy from the weekend ... she is looking good bless her!

Sitting nicely for treats ...

What a sweetheart and how can you resist that beguiling look ... ?

Kizzy is still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Video: Meet Kizzie with her watering can!

Kizzy is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-08-2013, 09:48 AM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

Took the beautiful Kizz into the paddock today for a bit. In the absence of any toys, Kizzy grabbed one of the leads I had left on the ground and ran around with it insanely non stop for about 10 minutes, one end of the paddock to the other - this was after sizing up my camera as a potential chew toy! When I went to put the (remaining) lead back on her harness, I clipped the lead she had in her mouth onto her collar and she walked herself out of the paddock with the lead in her mouth - very cute but we had to do a swapsie for a tennis ball (though by this point I told Kizz that no one would want to use that lead, it was covered in slobber!) Bless her.

A photo of Kizzy in flight mode"!

If anyone is able to help Kizzy by offering her a foster place until her home comes along can they please complete our foster questionnaire on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/for...questionnaire/

Thank you
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-09-2013, 07:43 AM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

"Kizzy and I had a very eventful walk this morning. Bless her she so loves her walks and was raring to go. We walked with Louise and Bow and the 2 girls were brilliant together just busy getting on with their walks.

We crossed the road and then had to negotiate a stile where Kizzy had to jump up and climb over the second bar up. She was unsure about this so I lifted her up, she scrambled through and in the process I forgot to hold the end of the lead and Kizzy scooted off into the bushes to have a sniff around but she came straight back when called and all was well.

She then had the freedom of the extender lead while we were in the fields and loved running around.

Then when my phone rang and I stopped to answer, Kizzy dragged me down a slope where there were lots of exciting big branches to chew. Again when asked to leave she did and we carried on our walk. Kizzy is such a good girl, really connected and responding so well to commands.

Then when we got to the big pond both Kizzy and Bow had a wonderful time playing in the water. (Louise and I nearly had a swim too

Kizzy is such a fun, energetic girl out on her walks but also very connected and mindful of her walker. She really is a super dog and would suit a family who love being out and about on long walks and with a garden for her to run her little socks off.

If you are able to offer this kennel dog a foster place whether short or long term, please complete our foster questionnaire.
Closed Thread