Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Seagulls

B****y seagulls.
They are everywhere again at the moment. I have just been out in the garden waving my arms about, clapping and shouting like a lunatic. The neighbours probably wonder what is going on.
Their s**t burns through the paint on the car, makes a mess of paths pavements and clothing. They dive bomb animals and humans. They make a noise day and night.
They steal whatever food they can get access to. One even walked on our corner shop last year and ripped open the bread packets and they have been known to take ice creams and pasties out of the hands of holidaymakers.

You may realise I don't like seagulls
Beautiful birds though
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:32 PM
I can't stand the big Herring Gulls...they are round here too. They drive me nuts, not so much the mess but the racket when they all start shouting at each other.

We have loads at the Academy cause the kids always go to the chippies for their lunch and you can guess the mess they leave on the way back. Anyhow, on Friday I was driving round to the shop from the Academy and one was in the road refusing to move...until I edged forward then he/she realised I wasn't kidding and moved (a Seagull that is, not a kid - maybe the gulls are learning their manners from the kids though).

Hate them myself tbh, I don't mind the little ones with the black heads but thon big things are horrible.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:37 PM
When my friend lived in Brixham she had them nesting on her roof, it was very interesting to see the young grow up. They sounded like they had hobnail boots on. They left the dogs alone, didn't fancy their chances!

I used to look forward to seeing how the chicks had changed when I visited the pups.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
When my friend lived in Brixham she had them nesting on her roof, it was very interesting to see the young grow up. They sounded like they had hobnail boots on. They left the dogs alone, didn't fancy their chances!

I used to look forward to seeing how the chicks had changed when I visited the pups.
I am in Brixham and I can't see anything interesting in them
When they have young they swoop on anything that moves. Pepsi is not amused
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I remember going on holiday to St. Ives and my ex was announcing to me how gorgeous his exotically flavoured ice cream was whilst holding it aloft to admire it - whoosh! A seagull also thought it looked tasty, lol! He was left holding a tiny bit of cone in his hand!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:21 PM
We have loads here too
Morcombe was the best we got attacked for our chips

We have a huge heron flying around too...but he is a beauty I can say that as I have no pond now
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
We have loads here too
Morcombe was the best we got attacked for our chips

We have a huge heron flying around too...but he is a beauty I can say that as I have no pond now
I love watching the Herons fly, they look so ungainly you wonder how they get off the ground!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:27 PM
One swooped on my 5-year-old daughter last school holiday and stole some of her ice-cream.

She was not happy! Daddy had to swap with her.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I love watching the Herons fly, they look so ungainly you wonder how they get off the ground!
Me too I think they are so majestic looking too
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 06:07 PM
One took a pop at our PE teacher when I was at school (coastal town when they'd swoop at the end of playtimes to clean up the dropped crisps)... had a soft spot for them since that - we all hated PE and that teacher!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >