Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 11:16 PM

Don't think Skye is 100%

I have been worried about Skye for a couple of days, and I just can not put my finger on anything but I get a gut feeling she isn't a 100%, she is 6 now, although quiet and calm, she seems aloof and lies on the kitchen alone, she has developed two bald patches on her back left leg, no reason like fleas or anything, she is eating well and drinking ok...not excessive, but still she looks not whole (to me)

So Im going to take her on Monday and request a full blood test and ask them to look at her throat again......had this checked a couple of times as she gags on food and always has done since being a pup, I've tried all the advice etc , raised dishes etc., but Im sure her throat feel more lumpy than it used to be/ almost like a gouter size

wish us luck
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Oh dear. No-one knows your dog like you do, if you think she's not right, then it needs investigating. Hopefully you have a good relationship with your vet and they take your concerns seriously. I've been there before when there really aren't any symptoms to describe and the vet has tried to fob me off like I'm some neurotic owner.

Hopefully tha won't happen to you and you can get Skye back to her normal-self really soon.x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Angie1966 View Post
Oh dear. No-one knows your dog like you do, if you think she's not right, then it needs investigating. Hopefully you have a good relationship with your vet and they take your concerns seriously. I've been there before when there really aren't any symptoms to describe and the vet has tried to fob me off like I'm some neurotic owner.

Hopefully tha won't happen to you and you can get Skye back to her normal-self really soon.x
I know what you mean...I tend to just go in a say ''I want''... she hasn't got shortness of breath or wheezing, but she is experiencing difficulty again with swallowing and has lost a little weight, but although she eats, she only eats little atm before she starts gagging and it puts her off.

I will just have to be a bully when I take her with them...after all Im paying
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 06:47 AM
I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Have you tried looking down her throat to see if it's sore? It could explain why she is only eating a little at a time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Everything crossed for Skye and I hope they can sort it easily for her and your peace of mind.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Hope you get an all clear with the tests you want done Steph, band there's nothing like a gut instinct to make you want to check things out properly. I'm just like you with my dogs, you just know when they're not quite right but can't put your finger on it, so you're right to be taking her. All the best with her, let's hope it's something and nothing.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Hope she is ok and as others have said, you know her better.

I know you said about her lumpy throat, but it's not a thyroid problem is it? That might explain her lethargy and bald patches?

Helen
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 07:36 AM
I certainly do wish both you and Skye luck. They can be such a worry can't they, but you just 'know' when something isn't right - good on you for acting on it!!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I hope it's nothing more than a minor infection xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Such a worry for you, Steph.

As others have said, no-one knows your dog like you do, and if you think Skye is "off", then she is "off".

Hope you can get to the bottom of hon, sending loads of positive vibes....

x0x0x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Loads of {{{vibes}}} for poor Skye. xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >