View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 08:30 PM
That's a good question. I take it your vets don't deal direct with them? That you have to pay first and then claim back?
If that's the way it is, maybe ask the vet ? My insurance is PetPlan because the vet will deal direct so I don't have to think of things like this. Sorry I'm not more help x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
That's what I thought but i was thinking that as long as any vets notes don't state that he had it from birth would i then be ok??

I did ask the vet but obviously he couldn't really speak for the other vets views and it was the first time he'd seen Monty.
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Should I tell them that he was born with the bald patches and they have grown since or not??
if the patch was noted with the vets from the time you took Monty as a youngster, then it will have to be disclosed.

I think you said earlier vets have told you to leave it be, so in effect , it has been noted down on his history.

I would come clean and tell them, as if you dont you may be committing fraud... the insurance WILL check with your vets for ANY previous history regards the lumps.

I think you have to go with gut feeling on this , if the biopsy comes back clear.

If it is in danger of growing, (how much and quickly does it grow) then as your vets says, better to remove it now , while its still relatively small, the bigger it gets, the bigger skin graft he will need.

Good luck!!!!!!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
That's a good question. I take it your vets don't deal direct with them? That you have to pay first and then claim back?
If that's the way it is, maybe ask the vet ? My insurance is PetPlan because the vet will deal direct so I don't have to think of things like this. Sorry I'm not more help x
Not sure if they deal direct. Direct Line say on their website that they can pay the vets direct though.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Esme, please don't worry about leaving Monty crated at the vets. Our dogs are incredibly resiliant, and I reckon M will just take it in his stride. I'm sure you will be more stressed than he will be.

As for the vets, I, too, would be miffed that the other vets have never mentioned removing it - geez, don't these people ever have meetings to discuss cases?

Hugs hon x0x0x thinking of you xx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
if the patch was noted with the vets from the time you took Monty as a youngster, then it will have to be disclosed.

I think you said earlier vets have told you to leave it be, so in effect , it has been noted down on his history.

I would come clean and tell them, as if you dont you may be committing fraud... the insurance WILL check with your vets for ANY previous history regards the lumps.

I think you have to go with gut feeling on this , if the biopsy comes back clear.

If it is in danger of growing, (how much and quickly does it grow) then as your vets says, better to remove it now , while its still relatively small, the bigger it gets, the bigger skin graft he will need.

Good luck!!!!!!!
Yeh I think you're right on the insurance thing. I'll ring them tomorrow I think and explain the situation. Technically when he was a pup it was listed as a patch as thats what it was but now it's being classed as a lump so whether they'd take that into consideration i'm not sure.

If not then i best start counting the pennies!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Esme, please don't worry about leaving Monty crated at the vets. Our dogs are incredibly resiliant, and I reckon M will just take it in his stride. I'm sure you will be more stressed than he will be.

As for the vets, I, too, would be miffed that the other vets have never mentioned removing it - geez, don't these people ever have meetings to discuss cases?

Hugs hon x0x0x thinking of you xx
You're right, i'm probably stressing about it more than he will. He'll probably enjoy it as a day out!

I am a bit miffed about the vet thing but I doubt there's any point dwelling on it.
stanfan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 11:34 AM
You're only feeling so stressed and worried because you love him so much and care about him, which means you've only ever had his best interests at heart!!! So don't keep stressing, easier said than done I know.

Hope the results go well. On the insurance thing I would be clear from the start, but I don't lie well lol
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Fingers crossed that everything is ok for him and that it isn't anything for you to worry about...my god these vets do have us going round in circles don't they?

Having just got off the phone with Leons insurers, (they phoned me as they had been contacted by the Financial Ombudsman ), I have been firmly told that even though I didn't know Leon has got degenerative bone disease it is clearly stated on his vets notes from several years ago and he isn't, therefore, covered for any treatment for arthritis because I didn't declare it. Had I declared it then they may have covered him but at a higher price, or they may have placed an exclusion on his policy. I would just check with your insurance company to be on the safe side so that you don't get any nasty suprises.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by stanfan View Post
You're only feeling so stressed and worried because you love him so much and care about him, which means you've only ever had his best interests at heart!!! So don't keep stressing, easier said than done I know.

Hope the results go well. On the insurance thing I would be clear from the start, but I don't lie well lol
Thanks, i know i'm probably worrying for nothing! I think i'm more concerned that i'll blub when i leave him but am reassuring myself that i wouldn't be the first or the last that had done that!

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Fingers crossed that everything is ok for him and that it isn't anything for you to worry about...my god these vets do have us going round in circles don't they?

Having just got off the phone with Leons insurers, (they phoned me as they had been contacted by the Financial Ombudsman ), I have been firmly told that even though I didn't know Leon has got degenerative bone disease it is clearly stated on his vets notes from several years ago and he isn't, therefore, covered for any treatment for arthritis because I didn't declare it. Had I declared it then they may have covered him but at a higher price, or they may have placed an exclusion on his policy. I would just check with your insurance company to be on the safe side so that you don't get any nasty suprises.
I'm going to ring them and explain this weekend as we need to know if they won't cover it so we can sort something else out. Fingers crossed they'll be reasonable but knowing insurance probably not.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:49 PM
hi Esmed
talk to your vet re a direct claim,direct line will do it via a 'pre authorisation form' that they will fax to your vets,the vets fill it out and fax it back,direct line then lets you/vet know if they will cover it
although...i dont want to be the bearer of bad news i do believe that direct line have it in their policy you have to note them of the condition within six months,you could get stuck on that if they want to be arkward..but thats also why they do the pre-auth both you and the vets will know where you stand on the fees front.....sorry.

try not to worry, for what its worth if he was my lad i would have it removed {{hugs}} to you both.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi Esmed
talk to your vet re a direct claim,direct line will do it via a 'pre authorisation form' that they will fax to your vets,the vets fill it out and fax it back,direct line then lets you/vet know if they will cover it
although...i dont want to be the bearer of bad news i do believe that direct line have it in their policy you have to note them of the condition within six months,you could get stuck on that if they want to be arkward..but thats also why they do the pre-auth both you and the vets will know where you stand on the fees front.....sorry.

try not to worry, for what its worth if he was my lad i would have it removed {{hugs}} to you both.
Thanks for the advice. I'll ring direct line tomorrow and see what the deal is. We've got the money to be able to pay for the biopsy up front and if Direct Line won't cover us then we'll probably cancel the policy and start an ISA account or something instead. We'll find the money to pay for it somehow if he needs treatment.
Page 8 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »