Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:36 AM

Scotlands fattest dog

well, ex-fattest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8328249.stm

poor dog was given a fish supper everyday! and weighed 3 times what he shouldve. and he lived in my town

glad they confiscated him and he is now fit and healthy good to hear how well he is doing
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Poor Bob I can't believe he would have up to four tins of food a day, what was the owner thinking (or maybe he wasn't even thinking).
Good news story though and it is soooooo good to hear a positive story.
It is just as bad to starve a dog as it is to make it obese IMO
Go Bob
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Poor dog, you would think that the owners could see that their dog was in trouble.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 09:46 AM
sori but what is needed is education, not removal. if the RSPCA couldnt take action of an owner of purposly and evily but a cat in a carrier to die why on owners who are "killing with kindness". Would not the best outcome to help the owners see where they were going wrong and help them work out a new diet and exercise plan
ATD x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 10:59 AM
i think its sad when owners do this. i think its sad, coz these people obviously love their dog, but are still killing them... its abuse but through love... i find it a weird one lol.

Originally Posted by ATD View Post
sori but what is needed is education, not removal. if the RSPCA couldnt take action of an owner of purposly and evily but a cat in a carrier to die why on owners who are "killing with kindness". Would not the best outcome to help the owners see where they were going wrong and help them work out a new diet and exercise plan
ATD x
but maybe they had tried that, i dont think they would make the decision to remove him lightly. and it was the SSPCA, not the RSPCA.

in his situation, he was in desperate need of help and they might have wanted to get him in their care where they could take control of his diet and make sure he lost the weight, if they let the owner do that it might have been disasterous and cost the poor dog dearly.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Sorry if I seem to be going on another rant but........

NO NO NO!! There is no way the owners could have possibly believed that they were doing the right thing!! They could not be bothered to feed it properly or walk it- simple as that!!

it is cruelty and needs to be addressed and punished!!

You cannot tell be the education is not out there, my 3 year old nephew knows that dogs need exercise and a good diet!! all you need to do these days if you are not sure about something is google it!! Ignorance and laziness !!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Sorry if I seem to be going on another rant but........

NO NO NO!! There is no way the owners could have possibly believed that they were doing the right thing!! They could not be bothered to feed it properly or walk it- simple as that!!

it is cruelty and needs to be addressed and punished!!

You cannot tell be the education is not out there, my 3 year old nephew knows that dogs need exercise and a good diet!! all you need to do these days if you are not sure about something is google it!! Ignorance and laziness !!
not everyone has internet!

while I really dont agree with the way the dog was treated, we know very little of the owner,
they may not have great social skills, or much social interaction, learning problems, we just dont know,

many people who have problems interacting with others get dogs/cats as companions, some may very rarely go out, so all in all there lifestyle tends to become the dogs lifestyle,
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 12:37 PM
You would not believe how many people believe they are doin the correct thing for their dogs but arent. Some people are still in the days of the arc
ATD x
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
not everyone has internet!

while I really dont agree with the way the dog was treated, we know very little of the owner,
they may not have great social skills, or much social interaction, learning problems, we just dont know,

many people who have problems interacting with others get dogs/cats as companions, some may very rarely go out, so all in all there lifestyle tends to become the dogs lifestyle,
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
You would not believe how many people believe they are doin the correct thing for their dogs but arent. Some people are still in the days of the arc
ATD x
If that is the case they should not be allowed to have pets!! If you have bad social or learning skills or are just stupid and think fat is healthy then that is very sad, but it dosn't mean an animal should suffer!!

Everyone has access knowledge, no excuses.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:26 PM
If that is the case they should not be allowed to have pets!! If you have bad social or learning skills or are just stupid and think fat is healthy then that is very sad, but it dosn't mean an animal should suffer!!

Everyone has access knowledge, no excuses.
but to gain knowledge then education needs to b given weather it be self learned knowledge or taught.
ATD x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >