Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 01:45 PM

SuBo

What are your thoughts on Susan Boyle guys?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-BGT-tour.html

When she first came out and sung that song I was gob smacked. I thought she was brilliant! I loved the fact that she was living her dream and had pure talent.

But, gradually I have gone off her so much so that I actually am finding it all abit annoying. She's only ever sung 2 songs, one which was brilliant, the other was very poor. She has an emotional breakdown (why, reallly?) and now I see she is heading up a show, singing the same songs again.

That is not a star born to me, I want to hear more, see some variety.

Not impressed. What are your thoughts?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Agree she needs to do more songs. I think she is a good singer but not sure I'd pay to see her.
As to her emotional breakdown and your query as to why really, well they usually occur as the final straw and there is a big build up before hand. In fact it was apparent from her subsequent performances on BGT that she was having issues. It's just one of those things to be honest. I certainly wouldn't have questioned it.
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Here we go have a go at somebody that has a genuine talent yet is FORCED into mass hysteria and public scrutiny and is expected to deal with it like a pro! Give her a break, leave her alone!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:15 PM
i have a lot of respect fo rher

she came from a difficult background - she has learning difficulties (meant with respect..) and yet shes flung into fame etc.... why? because no-one expected her to be as talented as she is

i think shes great n everyone shoudl cut her some slack...
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Feel sorry for her...but dont like her. i know the show thrust her into the limelight and probably did not give her much support but..
If she has spent all her life complaining shes never got a break....then she gets one and is rude, abusive and basically acting like a diva then she doesnt deserve it!!
She could have the life she wanted but people dont like her as much now....i think she has blown it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
i have a lot of respect fo rher

she came from a difficult background - she has learning difficulties (meant with respect..) and yet shes flung into fame etc.... why? because no-one expected her to be as talented as she is

i think shes great n everyone shoudl cut her some slack...
EXACTLY!! She has minor brain damage, was ridiculed and teased all her life, has learning difficulties and is expected to be a superstar overnight and act like she always has been.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
EXACTLY!! She has minor brain damage, was ridiculed and teased all her life, has learning difficulties and is expected to be a superstar overnight and act like she always has been.

well put...

i didnt want anyone to think i was being funny about mentioning her brain damage - but obviously its going to be harder than anyone for her and i think she has coped so well with the fame..... and i really hope she does well - make s a lot of money and lives the life she wants .... whatever that may be
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:34 PM
They put it perfectly themselves on the show (judges) She was prejudged an idiot, assumed she couldnt sing and were all out to laugh at her expense, well GOOD FOR HER and shame on those who would even consider she doesnt deserve it or would put on exhaustion etc....
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:41 PM
I dont think she put it on. And didnt know she had brain damage or a form of learning difficulties.
just saying she is not as popular now as she was....but i guess she was put on such a pederstool (sp) she had to come crashing down.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
They put it perfectly themselves on the show (judges) She was prejudged an idiot, assumed she couldnt sing and were all out to laugh at her expense, well GOOD FOR HER and shame on those who would even consider she doesnt deserve it or would put on exhaustion etc....
exactly - i remmeber when she walked on stage - the looks off the audience... i felt so sorry for her.... i didnt judge her at all - but when she opened her mouth - wow! that shut them up

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
I dont think she put it on. And didnt know she had brain damage or a form of learning difficulties.
just saying she is not as popular now as she was....but i guess she was put on such a pederstool (sp) she had to come crashing down.
she was apparantly starved of oxygen when she was born

everyone has to fall down sometime (well most)!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >