View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Well he was rather grumpy this morning but raring to go out with the others for a walk! His leg is still very swollen but at least he is cheery. Poor boy had to wee on the floor this morning coz we weren't quick enough after his diuretic! Back to the vets tomorrow but it is looking good. Many thanks for all your kind thoughts.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Soooo pleased he's almost back to his normal self and good luck at the vets tomorrow then. That was quite a scare you had there, especially as he's quite an allergic dog, coz you just never know do you.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 07:11 AM
I am so glad he is doing OK!

I live in West Dorset and there is a certain 'chunk' of coastline that has loads of adders! I do not go there at this time of year!

I work as a receptionist in a vets and we have had 6 adder bites so far this year! More than all of last year!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Am pleased he's recovering nicely. What a shock...I don't know what I would do, I can't even turn a page if there's just a picture of a snake on it..what a wuss.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Glad things are improving, We rarely see Adders but I have seen one basking in the sun down in Devon on a Coastal Walk, and there is a place near Burton on the Water that has a warning sign up about Adders.

Hope he continues to improve ((((hugs))))
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Visit to the vet went well, a few extra days on the anti-inflamatory drugs. His leg is nearly down to its normal size today and we all went for a walk; being very careful where we trod!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Now that it's hotting up, we should all be on the lookout! They hide in rabbit holes apparently until they come out for a sunbathe. I think they hear our footsteps though and usually hide again, but if it's really hot and around mid-day or afternoon then probably not! So glad your boy is almost back to normal now!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3