Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 12:10 PM

Luna did good today! VERY good!!

Well today was the first day of training since the winterholiday.

Well we've got about 7 new members in our class (people upgrading from puppyclass or coming from other teams), so to give the oldies an opportunity to train properly, we got another trainer for today.

We train:

leadwalking - back, forward, around, left and right.
Sit-stay, down-stay and stand-stay (without leash)
Fieldsearch
Retrieve
jump (not today, the jump were too slippery) and
uhm donno wot its called in english: a person is hidden in some bushes, and the dog is sent out there and is supposed to sit and bark at the person.

Luna doesn't bark, but makes a perfect run out to the person, sits and waits for a treat She has NEVER barked on command at training, we've been attending classes since she was 4 months old (she'll be 3 years old in april).

Well this "new" trainer made us do a "free at foot" which is basically leadwalking without the lead Luna did great.. (Apart from at a point, a guy with a cap on came walking past us in the distance - ooh boy he was dangerous, so she barked and growled.)

She did a good retrieve (apart from grabbing the dummy at the end instead of in the middle They call it a "cigarholding"), but came back to me, sat infront of me with the dummy in mouth (good girl Luna) and held till I said "let go" (GOOD girl!!!)

And then came the "whatshallmecallit".. Luna was last, as she's the only one who doesnt bark (first the trainer tried "grouppressure": I had Luna on lead and we went with the trainer over to one of the other dogs, who barked on command and got a treat.. Luna didnt get it... not even after 3 dogs and several tries).

Well the first 3 dogs barked and their owners got them. I sent Luna out, and she runs straight for the trainer, sits and waits for a treat (there isnt coming).. The trainer didnt give up and after 15 minutes ( ) Luna barked!! And she barked several times I'm so proud and happy.. The trainer came out of "hiding" and tried a number of times again.. With success... I tell you guys, I could fly

After class we called the usual trainer over and showed her.. (Luna still wont bark at HER though), but she's gonna try again on sunday, so let's hope, we've kinda gotten through to Luna

I'm just so happy, what a way to start the new year's training.

The goal this season is to advance to the next level (we need to "pass" 2 trials), and the barking is a part of it..

We have 3 things we will be focusing on more than the other things:

focus on me during leadwalking (she's lacking behind in the turns and/or sniffs the grass)
Retrieve we need to have it right, EVERY time.
Barking on command we need to have her barking every time and without a command, as at the trials, the person out there isnt giving commands, she/he is just standing there... Luna is to know, that when I say "Rundér" (the danish word for the exercise) she's to run out, sit and bark for about 15-30 seconds (not sure which)

It just got a bit brighter today

If she wasnt on a diet, she would be getting a big red juicy steak tonight
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey thats great B/L way to go Luna
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Thank you Christine She's asleep now

Btw: I haven't forgotten about the book.. I'll send it back to you in the beginning of next month, just need the money to do so
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2006, 12:33 PM
well done Luna :smt038
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Thank you Caz, I'm so proud I could burst
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Well done Jeanette and Luna You have been working hard!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Jeanette and Luna I am pleased to hear all your hard work is paying off ..congratulations and well done both...
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Thank you Tuti and Mini

We do try, and we are going to be more serious with the training this year..

We need the advancement
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Thank you Christine She's asleep now

Btw: I haven't forgotten about the book.. I'll send it back to you in the beginning of next month, just need the money to do so
No rush J, whenever you`re ready, nice to know its being put to good use
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 02:15 PM
It is I've read it 2 times, and I'm gonna read it a 3. time too.. Cos my friend and I have discussed the way she use veggies... But have to read up on that.. Cos I cant remember
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >