Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
You may, but as Storm has been dead for 2 and half years it would do much good. Star and Skye are fine aswell, nothing major, just normal pup stuff.
Bless! Maybe some lessons learnt then with the other two. But your Star Wars figures! Did you have a Wooky? I always wanted one but my brother got the last one. I got stuck with Landau Caurisian (Major SP!!)
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Bless! Maybe some lessons learnt then with the other two. But your Star Wars figures! Did you have a Wooky? I always wanted one but my brother got the last one. I got stuck with Landau Caurisian (Major SP!!)
Yeah, the first year 18mth with Storm was a struggle but he turned out to be a brilliant dog and despite the damage I wouldnt wanted it any different, well maybe the star wars figure as it was worth about £300ish.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Iso, was this thread inspired by my wishful thinking that Monty couldn't possibly do that much damage in my kitchen?!?!

After seeing that picture of the oven i'm now not so sure and starting to feel very nervous about him coming home!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I am sooooo glad I stuck with gsd's, I can't belieeeeve all this damage done by your dogs None of my dogs has ever done anything near as bad as any of this, nothing chewed in fact, ever! I had more damage done to furniture from my parrot that any dog! I'm quite gobsmacked, I'd be bald by now if these were taken in my house!!! I'm sticking with gsd's forever now!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I am loving this thread really making me smile and realise mine arent that bad LOL.

Mine tend to be quite reliable and stick to same things

Kitchen/ toilet roll
Bins
socks
Crutch out of my jeans, pants, trousers, pyjamaa ect ect

My 1st springer was a cow she ate everything made me cry many a time but Kiera my Ridgexboxer has been the worst ever she really upet a few times.
I agree the 8-20 month age is horrible
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I agree the 8-20 month age is horrible
I'm so glad I didn't get a puppy

We came home from the dentist this morning to find A had ripped up the junk mail. But strangely, she hadn't ripped up the bills Spooky!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I am sooooo glad I stuck with gsd's, I can't belieeeeve all this damage done by your dogs None of my dogs has ever done anything near as bad as any of this, nothing chewed in fact, ever! I had more damage done to furniture from my parrot that any dog! I'm quite gobsmacked, I'd be bald by now if these were taken in my house!!! I'm sticking with gsd's forever now!
I agree with you H, the most any of mine have ever done is chew their toys up or maybe the corner of their doggy duvets. My cocker was quite keen on getting the post before anyone else but I just put an outside letter box up. I think Rio as a pup had a chew on the carpet in the doorway but I was sick of it anyway and it was a good excuse to change it. I've had various breeds and they've been left all day when I worked with pretty much zero destruction. Cats on the other hand are the devils spawn
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I agree with you H, the most any of mine have ever done is chew their toys up or maybe the corner of their doggy duvets. My cocker was quite keen on getting the post before anyone else but I just put an outside letter box up. I think Rio as a pup had a chew on the carpet in the doorway but I was sick of it anyway and it was a good excuse to change it. I've had various breeds and they've been left all day when I worked with pretty much zero destruction. Cats on the other hand are the devils spawn
Me too, never lost anything and mine have never destroyed beds or toys either. I do spend ages telling them what they can and can't have as youngsters but that is it for life. They don't steal food either...if I leave mine down, they know it is mine....
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Again no photographic evidence, however...

Several items of MY underwear, and only mine, wripped up and littered around the garden.
My favourite teddy bear which I'd had since I was 3 torn to pieces.
The doorframe in the kitchen completely wrecked.
The bars on the babygate bent - how the hell he did that I'll never know.
Cupboard handles in the brand new kitchen chewed to bits.
Brand new lino wripped completely across the kitchen floor, then chewed into as many pieces as possible.
Several holes in the lawn.
Plants that had been loving planted outside sudednly appearing in the living room.

as Nippy said...why do we have dogs?
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Here's mine, my 16 year olds straw teddy she'd had since a baby, I couldn't believe how much mess it made, my kitchen looked like a stable

This was done by Mya as a very young pup. She has to be the worse one I've ever had for this!! She's chewed walls, scratched the wallpaper off, eaten my lino (which has recently been replaced and I dread going home every lunch time just in case she's eaten it), cds, books, bread, butter, my daughters brand new mobile phone. I'm sure there's more
Fred wasn't too bad, he just chewed up his fluffy beds so when we left him he was left with plastic bed and blankets so never did it since.
Della our first boxer (RIP) only chewed a corner of a speaker and my glasses when she was a pup, she was a total angel compared to Mya
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »