Our sister sites
Our sister sites
allegrina
New Member!
Male 

19-03-2006, 08:05 PM

pink testicles, whos opinion to take?

Hello all
This is my first post and what a topic to ask advice on.Our one year old wheaten,Flynn,has pinkish testicles.We took him to the vet who prescribed him a course of cream.It doesn't seem to have made a lot of difference.This is our fist dog and we want to look after him properly,but we are very confused.
We still keep in touch with the breeder and she told us he was getting too much salt causing the pinkness.He is fed on Wellbeloved dry food and we are very careful what we give him on top of his food.
When I told the vet about the breeders salt theory he laughed.There appears to be little love lost between vets and breeders,but who do I BELIEVE.
We would really appreciate anyones comments.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi allegrina I have to say I have never heard of the 'salt thing'.
Not sure what you mean by pink, as in inflamed, a rash ?

Can't really say, skin infection/urine burns/catching them on the ground when he sits down?

If the vet saw fit to give him 'a course of cream' he must have had a particular diagnosis in mind so if the problem is still there I would return to the vets .
allegrina
New Member!
Male 

19-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for that.We seem to think that they are not inflamed nor is it a rash.But we are assuming that they should be black in colour.
Carole
Supervisor

19-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Finn's testicles are pink, there is no rash or inflamation just a thin covering of white hair but it might be due to the fact he is a white dog

They were examined at a vet visit last week and the vet did not comment so it must be normal.
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:31 PM
my harveys are pink,hes a harlequin dane,sometimes they even seem to glow (not for much longer )
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:31 PM
This is normal in Dalmatians especially those that are not very spotty! Black or brown (in liver spotted) is preferred since the pink sort tend to catch sunburn in hot weather as they are not shaded by hair - and would YOU like to rub sunscreen in?
But pink - if it is a "healthy" pink - is normal. I think your vet is having a laugh
Meg
Supervisor

19-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by allegrina
Thanks for that.We seem to think that they are not inflamed nor is it a rash.But we are assuming that they should be black in colour.
Black SCWT are guite light skinned with light pigmentation as Carole says white/light dogs can have pink ones

I am however a bit confused as to why the vet gave you cream
allegrina
New Member!
Male 

19-03-2006, 08:53 PM
So are we.A trip to the vet tomorrow I think.Thanks everyone
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Do think some vets think that to prescribe something harmless will send the client away happy, they seem to think that to tell someone that it is nothing will send them away unsatisfied, daft really as they charge either way. I too think it may be normal, time will tell.