Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks ally.

Jake was back at the vets today his wound had scabbed up, and today one of the stitches came out and the scab fell off but he now has a wee hole at the top of the wound where it has opened up again. I took him to the vets, and saw a different vet to last time. He said there is an infection where the scab was. So he is back on antibiotics and the metacam, and first thing tomorrow is back at the vets to get stitched up again. He will be given anesthetic and will have to spend the day there it just never ends for my poor boy.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Poor old Jakey boy. He really has been through the wars. Sending him tons of healing and positive vibes. xxxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Poor old Jakey boy. He really has been through the wars. Sending him tons of healing and positive vibes. xxxxx
Thanks claire. Im dreading tomorrow... I hate leaving him at the vets, and we will have to start this all over again...
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thanks claire. Im dreading tomorrow... I hate leaving him at the vets, and we will have to start this all over again...
Well hopefully this will be over in the not too distant future. I think you've been wonderful the way you've dealt with it all and certainly made Jake's recovery as comfortable as you can. Hugs to you. xxxx
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Poor Jake, I'm sending all my healing thoughts his way.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Well hopefully this will be over in the not too distant future. I think you've been wonderful the way you've dealt with it all and certainly made Jake's recovery as comfortable as you can. Hugs to you. xxxx
Thanks claire, I have tried to make sure he healed best as possible but he still managed to get the infection I just hope he doesnt take long to get back to normal.

Originally Posted by littlefoot View Post
Poor Jake, I'm sending all my healing thoughts his way.
Thanks
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:15 PM
This is how it is now...

Its not huge, but looks terrible and quite deep.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 03:04 AM
Poor Jake, all looks like it is healing well except for the hole, I am not a vet, but is it stitchable? It does look deep, but not sure it won't pull if it is stitched
Plus for infection it is sometimes better to let them be open and heal from the bottom up.
That would be some of my questions for the vet, but that is just me
I hope his vet visit goes okay, and you are holding up, our boys are precious to us and it isn't nice seeing any wounds on them.
Hugs to you and Jake xxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thanks ally.

Jake was back at the vets today his wound had scabbed up, and today one of the stitches came out and the scab fell off but he now has a wee hole at the top of the wound where it has opened up again. I took him to the vets, and saw a different vet to last time. He said there is an infection where the scab was. So he is back on antibiotics and the metacam, and first thing tomorrow is back at the vets to get stitched up again. He will be given anesthetic and will have to spend the day there it just never ends for my poor boy.
Oh, the poor lad....... hope he's home soon and patched up. It was quite a wound, so not surprising really.

Gentle hugs x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2010, 06:11 AM
(((Hugs))) for you and Jake. Xx
Page 11 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »