View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BRL
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Yes alot of people just think i mean hes an energetic boxer when you say hyperactive but George is beyond energetic. Imagine getting a 7 week old boxer pup and putting it in a full grown boxers body and you have george (without the puppy naps in between) he has had zero training no discipline and has zero attention span. Hes a very fun dog for the right people but he will need alot of work, mentally and physically. Ive gone through every toy and treat to find something that keeps his focus and the only thing working at the moment is cheese so he has now learnt to sit give paw and lie down, but he quickly loses interest and runs off to cause trouble.

Ive had over 100 foster boxers and George will be one i will never forget (even if i tried lol)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Well as you have no lack of offers for him problem solved then!

I am afraid Boxers do not "do it for me", I do not do drool and slobber, thanks all the same!
Neither do Boxers
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 06:05 PM
My Millie was super hyper when she was younger I almost thought at one point that the breeder had sold us a working type instead of show type. I soon discovered that apone changing her to raw diet that her hyperactivity stopped she became more managable and I think a lot happier.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by BRL View Post
Yes alot of people just think i mean hes an energetic boxer when you say hyperactive but George is beyond energetic. Imagine getting a 7 week old boxer pup and putting it in a full grown boxers body and you have george (without the puppy naps in between) he has had zero training no discipline and has zero attention span. Hes a very fun dog for the right people but he will need alot of work, mentally and physically. Ive gone through every toy and treat to find something that keeps his focus and the only thing working at the moment is cheese so he has now learnt to sit give paw and lie down, but he quickly loses interest and runs off to cause trouble.

Ive had over 100 foster boxers and George will be one i will never forget (even if i tried lol)
Bless him- From what I can see he looks an athletic boy.
Lets hope you can find an athletic person who does a lot of outdoor activities.

My boxers haven't had drooling mouths.
Slobbery chops in boxers aren't as common since they started breeding them with drier mouths.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
My Millie was super hyper when she was younger I almost thought at one point that the breeder had sold us a working type instead of show type. I soon discovered that apone changing her to raw diet that her hyperactivity stopped she became more managable and I think a lot happier.
If what you fed before contained more refined carbs. than the raw diet she is on now it could make the difference as the refined carbs. gives quick bursts of energy and the raw diet should slow down energy release.
Raw is better for leveling out energy fluctuations.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Well all the ones I have met have drooled and slobbered, I guess I have just been unlucky! I remember being at a friend's house one day with her two when one shook its head a large "candle" of slobber landed in her tea.......................... EYUK!

Another friend has slobber marks on her ceiling............. double yuck.
Mmm hope this dog gets a good home but I have to agree with SB. We were talking about this at agility club last night. When we used to attend the Boxer dog training club in Norwich (they had just opened up to other breeds) some of the owners used to carry flannels around and keep mopping the dogs' face every couple of minutes!

I had one come up to me at the bus stop and it slobbered all over my coat and I had to put it (the coat not the Boxer ) into the washing machine when I got home as it had marks all down the sleeve.
BRL
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-12-2011, 10:34 PM
RESERVED this can be closed.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 10:39 PM
I have never, ever, ever had to wipe drool or slobber away from my Boxers mouths....

George looks like a fabulous dog - I only wish Max was friendlier with other dogs
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by BRL View Post
RESERVED this can be closed.
Good luck to him ..
And the owners by the sound of it .lol
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2