Female 

03-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Aww poor Ziggie

He really does look sad, doesnt he
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Awww H i'm sorry to hear about Ziggie, I don't know what to say what hasn't already been said! I know too when a weimaraner gets hurt their fur usually grows back more white in the said area, I wouldn't worry about that. Just hope he gets his confidence back soon, he'll just be afraid incase it happens again, poor wee lamb xxx
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 04:39 PM
aww I'm sorry ..poor fella does look sad It does sound like the noise has really frightened him )..I think its gonna take alot of time and patience to bring his confidence back
A friend of mine has a dog who fell over a cliff she had him checked out and all was well physically but she said she could see it in his eyes, his sparkle had gone . ..with time and love tho' it did come back and he's back to being his normal norty self
Give him time and I'm sure he'll come back to being himself.....the sausage roll therapy sounds good too
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys,
we've had him back to the vets as about 45 mins back from his walk he started throwing his back leg out. Most likely from when he was panicing at the car horn they think its reinstated all the aches from the accident. He either has a severe sprain or some bad soft tissue damage he has four days of rest and painkillers then he has to come off them as we/they dont want them to mask any discomfort or for him to get addicted. Poor little ****** he's wrapped up in my quilt snoozing now and I can't sleep. Not been a good day all in all.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Sorry to hear about Ziggie
I hope he feels a lot better soon.

Where Teagan had the operations on her feet the hair has grown back white.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Hugs to the Zigman today - how's he doing? And of course, how was your night with the patient
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Awwwww, sorry to hear that your little zigmeister was injured.

I think giving time the fur might go back to the normal.

What behaviour/symtoms makes you feel that his head is not ok, Not recovering as it should?

Dogs do tend to be very good at coping with pain. Sounds like a horible accident. Must have been very worried.

It is still early days. He could be sore or have a little pain. I think he probably might just need a little more time.

I would start by training very slowly, and if possible do short sessions at home little and often.

If you go to a class. I would to have a few sessions just on your own and zigmeister. It would help to have someone watching you both while training to see if there is anything that would caurse concern too.

Hope that he is normal self very soon.

Min xxxx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Hi guys,

Well he snored his head off all night due to the pain killers and didn't wake me up by tapping my forhead so I slept in! (will have to dig out the alarm clock for tomorrow!). He's still abit tender on his leg and dosed up to the eye balls bless him.

In general he's very quiet and sleepy and is acting older than the old dog if that makes sense - he's also started staring at the walls again So we're sticking to the hug prescription but not to much, as if you make to much of a fuss he starts trying to find thiings wrong if that makes sense?

H xx
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Awwwww bless the snoring wee man. At least he got some good rest, albeit drug induced. Can only help ease his muscles etc.

Having been on morphine based pain killers myself for a long time, I know how he must be feeling. He's probably in a little cotton wool bubble and everything seems a bit surreal or hazy. That would explain why he's looking at the walls.

Hugs is good but normality is better. You're doing your best for the wee man - give yourself a big pat on the back (and slice of cake) (((((((((hugs)))))))))
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Off topic or chat posts merged:

KickstartKelpies - hmmmmm cake! i took a jammy dodger to bed last night (not literally to bed but you know what I mean...) he stirred enough to take it off me! the jammy beggar!
minky- Ah he's a good wee lad - likes to help his mummy eat nice things
KickstartKelpies - he does indeed bless his little cottons! pssst he's having tuna on his tea but dont tell him that or he'll get all excited!
minky - oh yummy!! That's what we're having for dinner tonight - tuna steaks and veg! Mmm that means Lord Daniel will be smelling fishy later LOL
KickstartKelpies - lol to true to true, my mates cooking me a meal tonight,
hmmm what should i wear
minky - something with a stretchy waist band so you can engorge yourself with the fine cooking Lucky you! I don't get anyone cooking for moi
KickstartKelpies - thats a good idea

-end-
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >