Our sister sites
Our sister sites
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2006, 04:50 PM

Loving home awaiting a Jack Russell Puppy

Hi

I already have a Jack & a collie x who are both now 11yrs old. My partner would like a Jack Pup who he can train & take to work with him.

He has a workshop on a farm so plenty of room for a little baby, & wants some company when he is working.

Even though my two love their Dad, the Jack sometimes has a tendancy to go off on a jaunt, without telling anyone & the Collie X likes his home comforts, but he also collasped a few months ago & it would not be good for him to be on his legs all day & running around like an idiot as he still thinks he's a young boy.

Does anyone know of a Pup/young Jack which needs homing, as we will not go to a breeder, when there are so many unwanted dogs about.

Thanks

Freckles211
babsc71
New Member!
Female 

24-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Good for you! It depends what area of the country you are in but I'm sure there's a little doglet just waiting for you. Doglost have a found section and try to rehome unclaimed dogs so that may be worth a try. My two are both rescue, one from Wood Green and I would recommend them. Good luck, keep searching!
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi babsc71

Thanks for your reply, im sure we will find one its just a case of looking.

Thanks again for your reply

Freckles211
PriceFarm
New Member!
Female 

16-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Hello Freckles211

I have a Jack Russell but he is approx.1 1/2yrs I took him in because a child relative owned him and the dad was getting rid of it against her wishes. I am looking for a home for him because of my schedule he isnt working out. I believe he needs to be with someone 24/7 and we cant do that here. We have several friends that are farmers that we tried to give him to "because we think that would be an ideal place for him" but they already have dogs and didnt want another. If you are still looking for a JR please let me know. I can tell you more about him. He needs to find a home soon I am expecting a litter of border collies "that's my breed of choice" and I dont think having him in the house will be a good thing "my female Border" is very aggressive toward him now. He is free only to a good home that will suit him.
kazaroo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by PriceFarm View Post
Hello Freckles211

I have a Jack Russell but he is approx.1 1/2yrs I took him in because a child relative owned him and the dad was getting rid of it against her wishes. I am looking for a home for him because of my schedule he isnt working out. I believe he needs to be with someone 24/7 and we cant do that here. We have several friends that are farmers that we tried to give him to "because we think that would be an ideal place for him" but they already have dogs and didnt want another. If you are still looking for a JR please let me know. I can tell you more about him. He needs to find a home soon I am expecting a litter of border collies "that's my breed of choice" and I dont think having him in the house will be a good thing "my female Border" is very aggressive toward him now. He is free only to a good home that will suit him.
What do you reckon shipping to uk would be?
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi All

Many thanks for your replies. I have decided against getting another dog at the moment.

My reason being is that I recently rescued and rehomed a beautiful B/Collie who was 8 months old. However my other two dogs were not that impressed, he was only with us for two weeks, but it seemed to un-settle them and having had that experience i feel that it would be unfair on my two to have another dog in the house.

Many thanks for all the replies

freckles
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Well I'm sure it wasn't the outcome some of us had expected, but think you have made a wise decision.
I'll lock this now
Closed Thread