Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 11:24 AM

Limping Puppy - what to do?

Hi guys

We've noticed this week that in a morning and occasionally when we get home from work Max has a limp on his front right leg.

It usually only lasts for 5 or 10 minutes and then he happily runs and plays as normal.

We've felt and moved his legs around, and he doesn't seem to be in any pain and seems (when we've watched him) to have full mobility in his leg.

The only thing we can think of that may have caused it is last weekend when we were out walking, Max was nipping my OH's heels and got a slight kick in the leg. At the time we checked that he was OK, and he wasn't limping at all.

I'm not sure whether to go to the vets considering that by the time we get there tonight, the limp will have gone!

Any ideas of what we could/should do? Or what it might be?

Thanks

Shelley
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm guessing he's still fairly young .. ? It *might*be a growing pain .. but then again it could be one of those things ! My flatcoat goes lame occassionally on his front legs, I've had him MRI scanned, Xrayed and physio'd, but all three have come up with nothing, he's not in drastic pain as it goes after about 10 mins and he then he;s as good as gold again !
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Yes, he's 6 months old...
bluemurphy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Our Murphy is the same he is now 10 months and I see him limping a little bit on his front legs when he gwakes up, it looks like he is stiff, then after a few mins he is fine. I took him to the vets and there is nothing apparently wrong with him.
It could be pins and needles.
I would suggest though that if your concerned, take him to the vets for a check up.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Give the vets a ring when you get home from work Shelley.
Just ask for some advice, they might say take him in, or just to keep your eye on him!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:24 PM
We've got an appointment for tomorrow tea-time...

They have just said to keep an eye on him until then

thanks guys