Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2015, 04:30 PM

Short term assistance

Jade has to stay locked in here (my room) for a week or so during the day because we're keeping her away from Blue, whom she got into a scrap with and my mom over reacted a little bit. Soon I will leash her and slowly reintroduce her to the mean cat, but for now we're keeping Jade confined.

Problem is, she's not happy here at all. Nigredo stays here during the day and she HATES him. I could throw him out, but he'd just bang into the door and come back in. Nigredo is a good boy, and he only wants acknowledgment but Jade is very old, quite meek, and has grown quite afraid of him. She wants nothing to do with him these days and is happy when she has the freedom to avoid him.

Just looking to see if there's a way to make things a bit easier on her for a while. Soon enough she won't have to be around him, but for now she does. She really does not like him and their interactions are always the same these days... with her trying her best to avoid him and him trying his best to not let her.

It always looks like this. I can tell Nigredo no... but it will only last a moment before he gravitates towards her again and TBH, he's really not doing anything super naughty. But Jade for some reason is really uncomfortable and I feel bad for her. Besides telling Nigredo off... what can maybe be done until she's free to get away from him again?
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2015, 04:50 PM
I see what you mean. That's a tough one...paws crossed they can work it out soon. We have to protect Callie from Sophie sometimes. My gentle giant...if we don't hold her back from the door opening she knocks him over or tries to squish him-me first me first. He's growled her off a few times but mostly he just takes it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Thanks. Unfortunately, over the years their interactions have gotten worse slowly. They have RARE moments where they can be all right together but usually it's avoidance on her part and I keep him with me and away from her. They can't and won't work this out on their own, she's disliked him ever since he was little and just more and more as he outgrew her and his bark got really scary etc. Fortunately, this won't be long... so hopefully they can manage... I think they can, my Jadey Bunny just won't be too happy.

Now perhaps the reason can be seen why she is rarely around me anymore. My shadow ensures that she stays as far away as possible. To even get her to come to me normally I have to lock him away or she won't come. He's really a good boy, not nearly as pushy as he used to be... but she's just old and has no interest in a large young male like him. She just rolls over and begs to be left alone. Poor girl.