View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Love the pics look at the little one Think Vinny has Definiately outgrown that slide though He's a strapping gorgeous boy
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Brilliant! BTW he is a very handsome boy.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2014, 09:40 AM
How wonderful for you

It's great when you get light bulb moments where you see all the hard work you put in actually start to sink in

Fantastic news and so lovely to hear you enjoying the beautiful Vinny
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 09:51 AM
super dog, great photos. Haven't read all the responses but my first thought was - you are attending a TRAINING class? What advice does the trainer you are paying have to offer you? Or do they expect the dogs attending to already be trained!
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Well done to both you and Vinny - isn't it great when we see progress being made? And what a gorgeous boy Vinny is - you must be so proud of him.
nantgwyn
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Back again . Im hope it doesnt annoy anyone but i will continue to update this thread from time to time as sort of a micro blog for training vinny . So that in a year or so's time i can check back and see the progress that has been made . Also when i read the first post i get the feeling back in my stomach again and it makes me that much more appreciative of where were going at the moment .

We have had my girlfriends aunty staying for the last few days with us and she brought her Blue Mearle / Poodle with her . Over the 3 days her and vinny have played loads , slept loads and generally made my year . When they were playing in the garden (sometimes quite boisterous and fast paced) not once did Vinny show any anger or aggression towards her . No fear either which made me even more happy as i would hate for him to get worked up being scared and do something silly .

He has been given his own pool in the garden . Its one of the kids old paddling pool . He literally puts his whole face (eyes and everything) in there to pick up his balls/bones . Any time hes not near the pool he has the toy in his mouth properly, when he is near the pool he sort of looses grip slightly almost like hes saying " oh dear , i hope i dont drop this in the pool " then when it casually drops in he attacks the water to get it back out and walks around with a sopping head

We also went on a dog walk with big dog walk with family . 5 dogs around packed woodland walk on a bank holiday and im pleased to say he was perfect . Didnt care about any other dogs / people / birds . Just wanted to trudge through .

Since my girlfriends aunty and dog have left he was a little lonely for the first day . Sniffing the toys they played with but i have cheered him up by buying a gun that shoots tennis balls . Hes started dropping balls at my feet hes so eager to play . I think he likes the fact he doesnt know when the ball will shoot out as opposed to me throwing it and him seeing it happen .

We are going to start having my mother in laws Belgium Groenendael for a few weekends . He has to be the most chilled dog i have ever seen . Completely bomb proof. Im hoping that by having him here more vinny will learn from him on walks about relaxing completely as he does sometimes still have arsey moments .

And heres a picture of me and my son walking vinny and the belgium groenendael .

And this is him going mental with a little pebble . Watch out for the cameo appearence by the dogs hairbrush in the bottom left hand side of the camera

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/to...5afaa.mp4.html
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Some helpful things we learned from Sophie's experience with a trainer-
There is a harness with a chest ring. Whenever the dog lunges the harness pulls them back around facing you. This facilitates teaching the command "Look at me".

He taught me how to hold the leash in such a way that if she pulls I can pull her over before she pulls me down. This had happened in years previously and I looked like I was being regularly beaten.

Now that she has broken the cardinal canine rule and actually attacked another dog I no longer can take chances. She is also old enough to be graying. We just walk routes where I can see far ahead. If we see a dog in the distance we either reverse immediately. Or she's not the brightest crayon in the box...if I can hold her head into my knees or behind a bush or a car blocking the other dog...once it's passed she doesn't think to look back.

That is the most lovely picture. So glad you were successful!
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2014, 11:37 PM
He's a natural clown, and I can tell that you think the world of him. May Vinnie continue to flourish!
nantgwyn
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Time seems to have flown since my last posts and im back with a update . Vinny is doing good , still a pain in the behind sometimes but generally x100 better than he was at the start . We have taken on another dog in the last month or two aswell as a companion for him which has been great for him. Ive noticed a monumental change in him around the house aswell as he seems to have taken on a more mature role in the house .

Our new pup is a 5 month old female American Bulldog / Rottweiler . We had been slowly looking for another dog for a month or so when she appeared on my girlfriends 'another site' (dont ask me where, i dont use 'another site' lol ) . My girlfriends mother was in the area that she was living in that day and being a dog person herself couldnt resist a visit to see what she was like etc . As a dog she was lovely , got on great with my daughter who was with my mother in law for the day and was a bit manic around the house but nothing bad . They asked if they could take her for a quick walk around the estate to see her on the lead only to be told that they didnt own a lead . Turns out the owners had only had her 2 weeks and had got bored with her so wanted rid . They had also been feeding her crisps and digestives for the 2 weeks along with occasional adult dog food . My girlfriend took Vinny down a few days later to see if they got on which they did . She took a extra lead with them this time to walk the two of them together and apart from the pup pulling on the lead (which i excpected) she was fine so my girlfriend brought her home .

After this point the 'another site' thing that my girfriend seen her on exploded with loads of people bitching and moaning about the sale of the pup . All the previous owners friends slaggin her off as apparently she has done this with dogs lots of times . The original owner complaining that she would have had the pup back if she didnt want her and it ended with people alleging that the previous owners boyfriend was a "Nonce". Classy people

The two of them have got on fine . Their play fighting is great to watch . Vinny the absolutly huge white monster lying on his back letting the little pup take charge and then reversing roles . Theirs lots of barking involved but after research online ive come to the conclusion that that is ok so long as theirs not one of them being aggressive to the other .

We have decided to call her Lola , Or rather my girlfriend and children decided to call her Lola . I wanted to call her Jules and that was her name until the moment she got in the car where i was ganged up on by the family and bullied into the name Lola . I will never tell them but i like lola now . Its also close to her old name that was Gnarla so the transition in calling her hasnt been a huge change

One nice thing that has come from her previous owners is the lady who had her from birth . The lady that sold her to the lady we bought her from . She has contacted my girfriend and asked if we could send her pictures of her as she grows up as she feels guilty for selling her to the woman with the crisps and buscuits .

Mr Muscles & Lola

Me and Vinny

My daughter with "her" dog

I hope its ok for me to revive this thread once and a while . Like i said before , i like looking back at his progress
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2014, 11:07 AM
It's lovely to catch up. I'm glad Vinny has made you proud of him, and so glad that Lola now has a secure, caring home. I'm glad the breeder has shown some responsibility for Lola - if a little late. Your photo's are great, a sweet puppy and sweet kids. I hope you all have a really happy Christmas holiday.

ps. I'm really jealous of your exercise location.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >