View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Reading and enjoying One Dog At A Time by Pen Farthing (about the dogs he saved in Afghanistan).
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Just started Stephen King's The Shining

Just finished Misery and Dean Koontz's The Vision

I will bear the recomendations in mind but on a bit of a Stephen King trend at the moment
Dean Koontz has written a lovely book about his Golden Retriever Trixie he used to have (a failed dog for the disabled due to health problem). I found it one of the best dog books I've read. You can tell he really loves dogs as he usually includes one on his other stories. I thought "Tick tock" was brilliant (that's the one with the killer clown I think?)
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Have just found Bruce Fogle's travels with Macy about his trip across America with his golden retriever, bought it ages ago and have just got round to starting it, really enjoying it so far, he talks from a proper 'dog person' perspective !
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm working my way through Ian Rankin's Rebus novels... Love him (And he's local to me so, you know, supporting local talent and all that! ) xoxox
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 11:27 PM
I've read a couple of the Jodi Picoult ones and they are good but i haven't felt like i wanted to rush out and read all of hers I also really enjoyed one dog at a time and the second book he has written.

I'm reading American Devil by Oliver Stark and enjoying it I've also just started Dog Walks Man by John Zeaman as i've finished reading Bad Dogs Diary 2 by Martin Howard which is very funny.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Dean Koontz has written a lovely book about his Golden Retriever Trixie he used to have (a failed dog for the disabled due to health problem). I found it one of the best dog books I've read. You can tell he really loves dogs as he usually includes one on his other stories. I thought "Tick tock" was brilliant (that's the one with the killer clown I think?)
I dont think I've read Tick Tock, I will look for it at some point. I honestly had no idea he had written a book about his dog, I'll need to look into that
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm now onto the Iliad, was going through the Anne McCaffrey ones for a while but finished the last one....Now reading the Iliad.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2011, 10:53 AM
just found this thread and as it seems to have gone dead I thought Id try to resurrect it

Im reading "My lovely bones" by Alice Sebold"-its her first novel,published in 2002 and Im really enjoying it and finding it very easy to read and difficult to put down -its funny,sad tragic and very moving-wont tell you what its about

If you want a really brilliant funny read-try "The Mammy"-by Brendan O Carroll-
its what "Mrs Browns Boys"-which has just finished on T.V was based on,its the first in a trilogy
Maureen
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
just found this thread and as it seems to have gone dead I thought Id try to resurrect it

Im reading "My lovely bones" by Alice Sebold"-its her first novel,published in 2002 and Im really enjoying it and finding it very easy to read and difficult to put down -its funny,sad tragic and very moving-wont tell you what its about
ive read that, its sad, and the ending really annoyed me!!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 10:58 AM
im currently reading the valley of the horses, by jean m auel. its the second in the series, and its about people in the caveman era. its really interesting actually and ive gotten into them.

ive also just read 4 of the shift series by rachel vincent. i need the last 2 now. they are amazing, i didnt think i like them, but ive loved them!
Page 10 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »