View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Cheryl exhibits why she and danni have no place as judges in the supposed frame of the show, the idea always was mentored and judged by managers who know their business and know how to get the best from someones talent, and work with that person and not stick to a comfort zone, to subsequently go on to manage that person. Was clear from the start really that there was no big love between Cheryl and TreyC despite what they claimed last week, so a talented woman (youtube her bootcamp performance of Radioheads Creep which was mindblowing if you disagree) was totally missmanaged throughout the show and gave okjay performances but by her standard of vocal ability, were sub standard.
The show has totally lost a lot of meaning, and tonight showed why.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Cheryl exhibits why she and danni have no place as judges in the supposed frame of the show, the idea always was mentored and judged by managers who know their business and know how to get the best from someones talent, and work with that person and not stick to a comfort zone, to subsequently go on to manage that person. Was clear from the start really that there was no big love between Cheryl and TreyC despite what they claimed last week, so a talented woman (youtube her bootcamp performance of Radioheads Creep which was mindblowing if you disagree) was totally mismanaged throughout the show and gave okjay performances but by her standard of vocal ability, were sub standard.
I don't think it was a case of mismanagement when it came to Tracy; IMO, she just didn't hold much appeal. Undoubtedly she is a good singer but I couldn't see who would vote for her or who her target audience was. Out of all the ladies on the show, others have a more unique and original voice than hers (thinking Rebecca here), others appeal more to the younger viewer (thinking Cher here), and so on.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 10:14 PM
I thought Shayne Ward was absolutely rubbish, too.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
See where you're coming from, but totally disagree. With a different mentor she could of been given some individuality, and established herself a bit more. The reason she didn't have much appeal, I think, was due to the fact there was no consistency or style too her, song choices were bad.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Cheryl should have been forced to vote one of them off - it has happened in the past to other mentors where they have had to make the decision (I remember Simon Cowell had to do it - last year I think it was?) So why should she get away with it? She is such a diva

I thought Katie's performance was insulting when she just sat down and said sod it, how disrespectful to do that. At least Tracy gave it all in her last performance and was both dignified and professional. Katie should have definitely gone out of those two.

Out of all the contestants though, I have to say how the hell is Wagner still in there? He is so chronically bad That internet campaign must have some following, that's all I can say!!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Cheryl exhibits why she and danni have no place as judges in the supposed frame of the show, the idea always was mentored and judged by managers who know their business and know how to get the best from someones talent, and work with that person and not stick to a comfort zone, to subsequently go on to manage that person. Was clear from the start really that there was no big love between Cheryl and TreyC despite what they claimed last week, so a talented woman (youtube her bootcamp performance of Radioheads Creep which was mindblowing if you disagree) was totally missmanaged throughout the show and gave okjay performances but by her standard of vocal ability, were sub standard.
Totally agree with you Luke. I'm at the end of my tether watching it! It should have gone to deadlock so the public decided who went in that situation! Simon said he liked interesting people which is why he kept Katie in, I thought it was supposed to be a singing contest! Agree with everything you said about Danni and Cheryl.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
lly bad That internet campaign must have some following, that's all I can say!!
Well it has hasn't it, look what it did to poor Joe who won last year (RATM!).
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Flop Factor
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Come on guys

who is out tonight???
Pidge