Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 05:33 PM

Cain's not well :(

It probably nothing but Cain is not himself today. He was ok yesterday but seemed very subdued this morning. Then he vomited a few time bringing up nothing but bile. Then he refused his breakfast which is most unusual

Came home from work and he still hadn't eaten his breakfast. He went straight out in the garden but wouldn't go to the loo instead he just ate tons of grass offered him treats and he took them like he wanted to eat them but once they were in his mouth he spat them out.

I took him on a very short walk to make him go to the loo. He didn't pass any poo so I don't think he has diarrhoea. He wasn't feeling so sick that he couldn't stalk a few squirrels when we got back he went straight in the garden and ate more grass. He's retched once since he got back but has managed to bring anything up.

I fed him half a block of turkey mince for dinner and he did manage to eat it slowly and hasn't bought it back up yet. I'll fed him the other half later tonight if he keeps it down. He looks so sorry for himself It's not at all like him to not eat.

Given that aside from looking a bit nauseous, he seems ok. He's definitely off food but has eaten something and doesn't seem to have diarrhoea, I'm guessing that it's probably some sort of bug? He hasn't eaten anything out of the usual and I haven't seen him swallow anything that could be a blockage.

I'm probably just going to feed him bland food ( white meat mince or white fish) for a few days and see how he goes. If he doesn't pick up, I'll take him to the vets.

Anything else I should be doing?
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I don't have any suggestions other than what you are doing, just wanted to say that I hope he feels better soon.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Sorry to hear, hope its a passing thing and he's back to his usual self soon.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Poor Cain I do hope he feels better soon. Is he drinking and peeing OK?

Gentle hugs if he would like some. xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 05:52 PM
If he is not defecating is it possible he has swallowed something non edible?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I think the only time Rocky ever refused treats was when he had worms - when was he last wormed? Check his 'vomit' for worms too.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

dogs eat grass its normal, and a primevil instinct,they do this to get enzimes to help break down meats as there ancestors did,all k9 will eat the stomac lining of a kill first.wolves..its not because they feel ill,and the bile,should have grass in it.if not it will pass,iv noticed my dogs will feel down, i think its because the just stressed out there stomachs. look it up,its very interesting and you will find conflicting in fo.all of this info from me is, of my experience,im no vet but mine tends to agree.some dogs do and some dont.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

He has had a drink and did wee in the walk (although hes been on toilet strike in the garden for a few days because of the rain)

I *think* he did a poo first thing this morning but I really can't remember. I have been worried that he's swallowed something but I haven't seen it if he has. I'll keep an eye on him and see if he goes later tonight. If he hasn't gone by tomorrow morning then there could be something wrong.

He's normally wormed regularly but with everything that's been going on, he could well be overdue. I'll check...

Cain always eats some grass, but he is eating excessive amounts today.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Just a thought but you don't think he could of swallowed a larger piece of the fallow deer antler?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by IanIOW View Post
Just a thought but you don't think he could of swallowed a larger piece of the fallow deer antler?
Good thinking Batman! Amanda, it is very constipating. Has he nomd much off?
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »